SES 5 (4.9°E) Reception reports please and map

Thought I'd add my 1.5m dish to the list - again, not a sausage here. Getting around 3-4dB on various SES-5 frequencies with no lock - what an annoying satellite!

With such a poor result, I don't even think a 1.8m will get it...
 
Your location to the nearest townYour dish size and receiver
What sort of reception you are getting


The only frequencies we are interested in are:
11265 H 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11265 V 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11305 H 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11305 V 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11345 H 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11345 V 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2
11385 V 30000-3/4 8PSK DVB-S2

Hi, I am getting all of the above, Sheffield 1.2 channel master dish skybox f3s Signal is a little jumpy but about 46% on all TP, Conditions as picture below.

DSCN5721.webp DSCN5722.webp DSCN5723.webp
 
I'll pull a cable along the fence sometime during the week and wire 5E into my 16 way lnb switch to see what I can get.
 
I am getting.
11265H 30000. 68%
11265V 30000. 67%
11305H 30000. 67%
11305V 30000. 66%
11345V 30000. 64%
11345H 30000 .65%
11385V 30000. 65%.
Barnsley
S Yorkshire
TM5402HD
100 cm Dish
 
Just some 15 minutes ago. Brussels, T90, central LNB, by GB-Quad, clear skies (moon is not red)

Frequency Symbolrate Signal-Info SNR ACG
11.265 H 30000 12.15 dB 75% 63%
11.265 V 30000 11.51 dB 71% 63%
11.305 H 30000 11.84 dB 73% 63%
11.305 V 30000 11.67 dB 72% 63%
11.345 H 30000 11.73 dB 73% 63%
11.345 V 30000 11.29 dB 70% 63%
11.385 V 30000 12.79 dB 79% 64%
 
Is this the Eurovision Transponder Contest? ;)

Here are my readings (see my profile):
 

Attachments

  • Snap168.webp
    Snap168.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 40
I need to do some further testing here, looking at pontiends reading and mine, I am fearing the large tree stump bang in line of 4.9E on the 1.2 is blocking my signal, my 1mtr is out of line with the stump at 4.9E,
The stump is coming down along with the one at the other side of my garden, please view pictures below, the first picture the 1.2 dish is pointing at 4.9, I will report my findings using the same STB.
DSCN5723.webp DSCN5727.webp
 
1.8m dish 'Check' Angle Grinder 'Check' Mig Welder 'Check' Chainsaw " i Knew i forgot something" :-)
 
The difference in signal had me worried Martin.You are only about 15 miles from me.I double checked to be sure.The signals this morning are about the same.
 
That stump is far too low to be in the way of 5e, which is much higher in the sky.
 
I agree, that stump is too low to worry about. For reference this is the view from my Penta centered on 9E....5E LNB is just left of centre.
Penta 85 East.webp
 
Thanks guys :), I thought it was normal practise to blame a twig leave branch fence etc lol, yes your correct, it's nothing to do with the tree,
Problem solved, the skybox f3s does not want to handle any of these tp properly for some reason ?. I have put my TM 6900 in line solid signal no flickering,

The first picture is the reading I get from my 1.2 dish, the second picture is from my 1mtr dish using the same box. third picture is the view from the lnb pointing at 4.8E:).
1.2 dish.webp
1mtr.webp
DSCN5730.webp
 
Thanks for the updates, map now updated.
 
Just to Add i get all the Horizontals on the Gibby 1.25m with a Black Ultra Twin at around 9.1db in the evening and around 8.5db during the day but no lock on the Verticals with the F15 but the TBS6925 reprts these at around 7.5db but no lock again on the Verticals Location : Manchester
 
Thanks, map updated. Verticals do seem weaker in the UK going by some reports from the south too.
 
A gorgeous morning up here, so Ive chased a cable along the fence and hooked up the F3 to the 5E lnb

Sadly absolutely no signal at all on the SES frequencies at the moment, although the lnb may need some tweaking

Offset lnb on 1m dish aimed at 10E so probably equivalent to 90/95cm
 
A gorgeous morning up here, so Ive chased a cable along the fence and hooked up the F3 to the 5E lnb

Sadly absolutely no signal at all on the SES frequencies at the moment, although the lnb may need some tweaking

Offset lnb on 1m dish aimed at 10E so probably equivalent to 90/95cm
Hi A/S, I would try a different box, if you take a look at post 73 my f3s does not like all the TP for some reason, and getting nearly half the signal than the TM.
 
Probably no point Martin, the Astra 4A Nordics are marginal on this setup anyway (no V polarity at all, a few of the H's)
 
Back to this - thought I'd try SES-5 again on the 1.8m CM... no luck :( Getting a max of 5.7dB on 11265H but no lock (cloudy/somewhat damp but no rain). Is there a time when this is stronger during the 24hr period?
 
Back
Top