SES 5 (4.9°E) Reception reports please and map

Back to this - thought I'd try SES-5 again on the 1.8m CM... no luck :( Getting a max of 5.7dB on 11265H but no lock (cloudy/somewhat damp but no rain). Is there a time when this is stronger during the 24hr period?
11265V 11.1dB SNR
11265H 10.9dB SNR
East of London 1.5m PF TBS6983 at time of posting. Cloudy, dull. Haven't looked at it for a while so don't know if it has changed.
 
SES-5 at 5.0°E

TM5502HD + 100cm Gibertini & IBU Lnb

DSCN1552[1].webp

Very good reception here.
 
Good up north also .... 1.2 channel masterviasat 1.webp
 
Yeah reception is easy in the east of UK. Are there any times when SES5 is stronger during the day?
 
Last edited:
11265H is at 16dB and 11265V is about 15dB here on ~1m dish
 
6:15 am morning readings lower than evening readings.
DSCN1553[1].webp
 
Thanks William. Much lower here too :( Astra 4A's strongest at around midday for me, so will see what happens then.

It's interesting watching the signal creep up from 3.7dB to 4.4dB in just 30 minutes. Doubt it will ever reach a lockable level, so I think a 2.4m is what's needed here for SES-5.
 
Last edited:
Thanks William. Much lower here too :( Astra 4A's strongest at around midday for me, so will see what happens then.

It's interesting watching the signal creep up from 3.7dB to 4.4dB in just 30 minutes. Doubt it will ever reach a lockable level, so I think a 2.4m is what's needed here for SES-5.
I see a very similar thing on Astra 2E & 2F in Finland with large and fast changes in signal levels at certain times each day.
 
Weather still overcast as it was earlier here are my 10:40am readings going upDSCN1554[1].webp
 
Signal must drop off west of London a lot where I am... 1.2CM No chance of a lock at all.
Move house is the answer!!;)
 
Yep, it does drop quickly past west London... we are in a black hole here in the south west.
 
I can see the eight muxes on the spec an with an amplitude of around 6dB above the noise floor but none of them lock here. I'm at 52.03N/2.15W using a CM1.2m. Near to the M5/M50 junction just north of Tewkesbury.
 
Transponders averaging 9.8 to 10.4dB 100cm + TM_F3/5

Same readings on TM5502HD + 100cm as post # 94 @ 14:25 this afternoon.
 
Back
Top