Sesat @ 36E

satello

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1.1 motorized Triax to a dm600
Visiosat Bisat 13 19 28E to a Vu + Duo
My Location
London
Hi everyone, i'm having a little problem....

I'm trying to lock 2 channels out of this satellite, TPA 1 and TPA2 from Angola.

Eutelsat Sesat (36.0E) - 11687.00 H - Txp: B5 - Beam: EuropeDVB-S2 (8PSK) - 7180 3/4 - NID:0 - TID:1

I managed to lock to the satellite and find another channel required, TV Zimbo which is on the same TP of the other 2

Eutelsat Sesat (36.0E) - 11664.00 H - Txp: B5 - Beam: EuropeDVB-S2 (8PSK) - 18400 3/4 - NID:0 - TID:0

Problem is, they use the same standard, same beam and I got the Zimbo TV channel with an HD receiver, a cuberevo/ipbox 900, but cannot for any reason manage to have signal on the 11687.00 H frequency.

I'm using a 1.1mt dish, signal is good on other channels, I'm just wondering if there is any transmission at all on that frequency. The last update on the channel was February 2009... Lyngsat maps say there is a Fixed and a South Africa beam, while on king of sat it mantion a europe, i think it should be the same.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sesat_fixed.html

so as far as i'm concerned if i get TV Zimbo I should be able to get the other 2 as well... Many thanks.

Cheers
 
Well how about you telling us where you are based exactly by filling out your profile then perhaps you will get a more meaningful response.
 
satello said:
so as far as i'm concerned if i get TV Zimbo I should be able to get the other 2 as well... Many thanks.

Cheers

Not neccessarily - the downlink powers on 36E are all over the place.

Howwever Sesat 1 is about to be replaced by the brand new Eutelsat W7 so things may improve a bit.
 
@ satello
tell us ycur location!

BTW
TBC1 tanzania is hard to receive with 110-125cm dishes. For my QTH, I receive it sometimes, but I can tell you that the signal is not stable.Right now I have no signal on 11678 H 5000 3/4 with 125cm offset

P.S.: Last year in november works very well:cool:
 

Attachments

  • DSC00617.webp
    DSC00617.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 32
Let's hope that W7 will not be an another "promising' Badr6!!!

Eutel W4 will be replaced by W7 in aprox. 2-3 week
Sesat1 will replace da ExpressAM22 bird from 80E whick has major stability problems!

Soon Intelsat 15 on 85E will be activated for VIVA-russian DTH
 
satello said:
Hi everyone, i'm having a little problem....

I'm trying to lock 2 channels out of this satellite, TPA 1 and TPA2 from Angola.

Eutelsat Sesat (36.0E) - 11687.00 H - Txp: B5 - Beam: EuropeDVB-S2 (8PSK) - 7180 3/4 - NID:0 - TID:1

I managed to lock to the satellite and find another channel required, TV Zimbo which is on the same TP of the other 2

Eutelsat Sesat (36.0E) - 11664.00 H - Txp: B5 - Beam: EuropeDVB-S2 (8PSK) - 18400 3/4 - NID:0 - TID:0

Problem is, they use the same standard, same beam and I got the Zimbo TV channel with an HD receiver, a cuberevo/ipbox 900, but cannot for any reason manage to have signal on the 11687.00 H frequency.

I'm using a 1.1mt dish, signal is good on other channels, I'm just wondering if there is any transmission at all on that frequency. The last update on the channel was February 2009... Lyngsat maps say there is a Fixed and a South Africa beam, while on king of sat it mantion a europe, i think it should be the same.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sesat_fixed.html

so as far as i'm concerned if i get TV Zimbo I should be able to get the other 2 as well... Many thanks.

Cheers

Yes, I have the same problem with the 11664H DVB-S2 TP. Also been trying for the new channel Gunaz TV on 12516V with no luck either. As Analoguesat suggests, it's most likely a transponder power issue.
 
sorry guys, i'm from london, uk

i was just wondering if it was a specific frequency issue rather than small dish, otherwise i would not be getting the zimbo tv...
 
According to Eutelsat, all the television channels that are on Sesat will be moved to the new W7, so hopefully the transponder power outputs will be consistent for every transponder.
 
satello said:
sorry guys, i'm from london, uk

i was just wondering if it was a specific frequency issue rather than small dish, otherwise i would not be getting the zimbo tv...

You dont understand - the downlink powers of the channels at 36E vary greatly from frequency to frequency so success in receiving one is no guarantee of getting all of them. Give it a few weeks to see if things improve when Sesat is pensioned off.
 
thanks for your help, but we really needed those channels now rather than later. This morning zimbo tv was with full signal but looked very unstable, with some freeze on video. Signal was almost in full... with clear sky.
 
There's TPA international from Angola on 7E if that's any good to you in the meantime.
 
@ Llew
Gunaze received ok here despite granular snow falling.
NP
 
Yep, thanks. Found it today during snowstorm :)

Nothing yesterday, either me or that darned satellite :-rofl2
 
All African transponders that probably were just Multichoice feeds, between 11600H and 11700H appear to be switched off since today.
Instead, Eutelsat W7 start operating now with new Multichoice transponders 11747H 11823H 11958V 11996V 12034V and 12073V (symbolrate 27500). I can sometimes lock 12034V here with 100 cm in the Netherlands.
View attachment 27178
 

Attachments

  • 53262128.gif
    53262128.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 39
hvdh said:
All African transponders that probably were just Multichoice feeds, between 11600H and 11700H appear to be switched off since today.
Instead, Eutelsat W7 start operating now with new Multichoice transponders 11747H 11823H 11958V 11996V 12034V and 12073V (symbolrate 27500). I can sometimes lock 12034V here with 100 cm in the Netherlands.
View attachment 27178
Hello hvdh
Just scanned those transponders
Got good lock on 12034V, logged in 12 channels, scrambled in IRDETO.
NP
 
Yes reportedly everything is encrypted. But at least this African package can be received now in Europe without putting up a C-band monster. I'm curious about the required dish size in the rest of Europe!
Meanwhile I can lock 11958V (46%), 11996V (45%) and 12034V (48%) thanks to cold weather. Looking at the spectrum analyser, probably 12073V will follow soon. The two horizontal transponder look weaker.

Using C-Tech HD 5000-C Plus and Triax TD-110.
 
And also, generally, during new sat set-up, signals may be strong for certain amount of time, but after, return to normal level. Same was here with Astra 1M. While initially europe beam was receivable with 1.5m dish, after finalisation of switching, it's unstable on 2m dish.
 
Just been out in the snow and in the pitch black and swug the 2.4m arround to 36e by hand and can receive all sub sfrica transponders on w7 they are blasting in on the 2.4m i would have checked before but i thought any one in north africa would have no chance but i am happy about it:) only thing is i got to take it down next week:mad:
 
i thought the African channels are now on 'Africa' beam (which is a shame!) - so you still receive these?
I cant get over the fact that Eutelsat do not have a 'EuroAfrica' beam like 'Eurasia' beam! Why not???
Lots of people - African and non-African are intersted in the African channels - not only for entertainment but also for investment etc in the continent! Why cut subSaharan Africa from Europe?

RTNC which used to be strongest of them all is now not on the air - was helping us getting glimpse of DRC as it really is instead of relying on western media....
 
Back
Top