set up problem

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
Hello i set up my sattelite with usals but when i whent to enter the longitude i entered 0.2w instead of 2.08w. I managed to pick up thor 1 and get the satellites from 1w to 19.2e without a problem but when i changed the setting to 2.08w i dont get any channels. Will i have to move the satellite again or do you have anyother tips for me to sort out this probmlem. Im using a technomate motor 2200 motor with technomate 5400 box. Another question i have is that when i chang the longitude setting its not on zero should it be on zero many thanks

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
yes.. move the dish with the correct settings.. only way to get the whole arc...

zero on what

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
Sorry i wasnt very clear i was saying that when you enter longitude on usals to your location is the motor ment to be on zero thanks for your fist answer

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
no... it moves all positions -2.08 degrees so that as you look at 1w you are looking back 1.08 degrees to the east from where you are... so the motor is actually at 1.08e...

USALS does it for you but if you set up a diseqc motor or 36v h-h or polar mount... you do it yourself... you go out to the motor and nudge the motor to 1e then look for 1w..