• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Setanta Sport

ez_livin

My Location
pj::
Would it be possible to get Setanta Sport at all, by looking on the web I have only been able to find out this information,
Channel Frequency Name Sound Scrambleing
1 12.606GHz V Setanta Sport 6.60 English VideoCrypt,

I don,t know which satellite it broadcasts from however any information would be greatly appreciated, Would it be possible to program a card so this could be watched?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Nov-01 AT 08:32 PM (GMT)]Try this link, http://www.setanta.com

Setanta Sport uses Satellites Telstar 5 @ 97w , Telstar 6 @ 93w and GE 2 @ 85w in C Band.

I would guess from the web site that they send individual sporting events over high speed connections over the internet.

Rolf

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Probably not, but more important is the footprint of the satellites used, mostly too far west for UK or European reception.

rolf

ckrys1

My Location
pj::
A lot of folk in Scotland have looked into this because they transmit regularly Rangers and Celtic games live to pubs/clubs in USA, and basically it`s impossible in Europe because the satellite footprint doesn`t reach us. Occasionally though we have found the feed they use on 21West which is usually, but not always, scrambled.

Ckrys1