Setanta Sports News launch date announced

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland

Setanta Sports and Virgin Media have announced that their joint-venture sports news channel will launch on November 29.

The 24-hour channel, which will be produced by ITN, will be available on Virgin cable in the basic TV pack and free-to-air on digital satellite.

"This channel represents a new age for sports fans in this country," said Virgin Media CEO of content Malcolm Wall. "We're confident the energy will provide a fresh approach to sports news in the UK and by putting fans at the very heart of the channel, we think it will give us an edge with viewers."

Virgin Media has prioritised the launch of a sports news service since Sky Sports News was withdrawn from its digital cable service earlier this year as part of a wider carriage dispute with Sky.

Setanta Sports News will offer sports headlines every 20 minutes interspersed with debate segments and reports from "fan correspondents".

Geoff Hill, the channel's editor in chief, explained: "We want Setanta Sports News to be fun and engaging for the nation's sports fans. Viewers will get the sports news that matters delivered in a thorough, concise and accurate way, but this channel will be much more than a rolling sports news service - we want the added value of passionate input from fans. We aim to be alongside them at every major sporting event in the UK."

Setanta Sports News will appear on Virgin channel 518. An EPG position on digital satellite has yet to be confirmed.

Regards Satdude.

pmss2066

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fte Ird 420 sm
digital 4000
Univers 4113
My Location
PORTUGAL
Satdude said:

Setanta Sports and Virgin Media have announced that their joint-venture sports news channel will launch on November 29.

The 24-hour channel, which will be produced by ITN, will be available on Virgin cable in the basic TV pack and free-to-air on digital satellite.

"This channel represents a new age for sports fans in this country," said Virgin Media CEO of content Malcolm Wall. "We're confident the energy will provide a fresh approach to sports news in the UK and by putting fans at the very heart of the channel, we think it will give us an edge with viewers."

Virgin Media has prioritised the launch of a sports news service since Sky Sports News was withdrawn from its digital cable service earlier this year as part of a wider carriage dispute with Sky.

Setanta Sports News will offer sports headlines every 20 minutes interspersed with debate segments and reports from "fan correspondents".

Geoff Hill, the channel's editor in chief, explained: "We want Setanta Sports News to be fun and engaging for the nation's sports fans. Viewers will get the sports news that matters delivered in a thorough, concise and accurate way, but this channel will be much more than a rolling sports news service - we want the added value of passionate input from fans. We aim to be alongside them at every major sporting event in the UK."

Setanta Sports News will appear on Virgin channel 518. An EPG position on digital satellite has yet to be confirmed.

Regards Satdude.

this may be asilly question but on what sattellite will be brodcast.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Satdude said:
An EPG position on digital satellite has yet to be confirmed.

Regards Satdude.

But it will be on 28.2 East just the EPG number not yet allocated

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Almost certainly Eurobird 1 with the rest of the Sultana channels.

I suggest anyone interested keeps an eye on the PPV1 label - PPV1 was removed from the epg this morning almost certainly to get SSN on air. (12560H)