setting sly card up on 500s box

psxchipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream500s
My Location
kent
right here goes i have a server set up on 500s with pli and 2.14 on it and sending c lines alls good i understand how too update and so on and set up on wireless

i understand how too ftp and so on but some1 set this box up for me, and added the sly box 17 digit key iv checked on my congif var/ect and yep its correct with your box converter

i want too set a box up for a friend if i copy all my files from my box and change the boxkey with his sly card 17digit and will it work and will his card read in the other 500s

1: will it work ?
2: where do i put the keys i know where too put on the config file is there anywhere else i need too put it or change

and thanks as allways

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Welcome to the forum. Making personal requests in the title of your first post is not gonna go down well. Hence I've edited it.
Spend a few hours reading , it's easy enough to setup, especially if you have a working box to look at.

psxchipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream500s
My Location
kent
sorry being new too this thread i did not realise this i thought by posting you would notice what i had put, i will remember this next time .

psxchipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream500s
My Location
kent
a friend of mine said if you can get more upload speed from your isp you can have more than 50 on your server how true wld this be any advice on this thanks

V8 Dave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S with Zone 2 on Moteck 2100
My Location
Portsmouth
More than 50 means you're running a serious pay server, which is going to get you into some serious trouble and not earn you any friends round here. In fact, I imagine my server sharing between five family members where we all cover the cost is frowned upon...

psxchipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream500s
My Location
kent
this was told too me by someone else and was only asking the question if it was true or not? so asking the question was all i done! which is what this forum is about just finding things out, if your unsure you ask, so read the above post before your reply and you will see i was only asking dave

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
In the interest of peace and tranquility I shall comment. It is from my own long standing research that any Dreambox will not serve anywhere near 50 clients. In fact if you exceed around 20 you will start to see problems. Now this is just connected clients ofcourse, you must then take into account how many of those connected clients are actually active at any one time. Again from my research in excess of 8 active clients you will drop ecm requests and things will not look good at all. Even at 6 active you are pushing it a little.
Yet more research shows quite clearly that the new 0963 card for example ( Sly UK NDS3 ), does not respond what so ever to overclocking. There is no gain to be made in ECM response times and therefore hitting it with multiple requests, it will fail to respond to some of them !

Some people use desktop pc's running linux to host cards, this will perform a lot better than a dreambox, especially the lower spec. boxes, 500, 600, 7020 etc. Even so I would recommend similar limitations really, as traffic through your router also seems to be an issue in many cases.

The moral of the story is :- Many experts reside within this fine community, listen to them ! Pub talk is almost always bollox !

psxchipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream500s
My Location
kent
thanks for clearing this situation up for me, as i was unsure.