Newbie Here Setting up generic satellite enabled tv (freesat + any other channels)

satellitenewb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR100S, Manhattan Plaza, TCL TV (With sat)
My Location
Scotland
I recently got a new tv (TCL Android) for the bedroom and found out it has a satellite connection which I hooked to my dish ready to go, but I need help setting it up.
The most involved I've ever got with satellite is running a 2nd cable to a Humax Freesat pvr I bought for the living room but that's it.

My current setup is a Humax PVR (HD1100S? It's Freesat Freetime) and a basic Manhattan HD box (The first model, not the newer one)

The satellite on the TV is a generic implementation with many options for setup, and I'm looking for help/advice on adding all (The ones I'd watch) Freesat channels, plus any other non-Freesat channel I could access that I might want.

Is there a good list out there of Freesat and non-Freesat channels I can get and how I need to add them via the manual option.
I don't want to just do an automatic scan and then have it pick up everything.

TIA

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

satellitenewb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Lots of lists ..... eg FlySat Astra 2E/2F/2G @ 28.2° East

FTA stuff has the light blue background (SD & Radio) or light green (HD)
Thanks.

I see things like CH4, ITV and BBC have multiples for the various UK regions.
Will I just need to accept that it'll scan them all in, and then I manually delete/hide them, or whatever option I have in my menu system?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, just delete the inevitable unwanted ones and sort the rest as you wish.

I tend to Sort A-Z for the main list and also generate a Favourites list with just a few "most watched" entries.

satellitenewb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Cheers for the help.

I ended up with so many channels listed as just ITV but I hid all the duplicates, and now seem to have most if not all channels.
I'll probably spend time sorting out what channels I want to keep, and others I hide or straight up delete.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well done - It is a bit of a pain but these days it is rare for Channels to change parameters so you've broken the back of it.

If ever a desired Channel does go AWOL, a quick check on Flysat will put you right.

satellitenewb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
It's pain compared to the two Freesat boxes I have, but I do get the added benefit of some more channels not on Freesat.

Unless I want a proper Freesat box, or something with a better UI then the TV will suit for what random TV I watch.
It's nice to have regular TV channels than not, even if I use YouTube more, and being on a bedroom TV I will likely just flick through and end up watching whatever is on that takes my fancy.

At least with the TV I don't need to add a separate box, and the cost of setup was the price of a 20m odd cable, a thin window extender (Not drilling holes in my bedroom wall or paying) plus a short bit of my time to plug it all in.