Shotgun cable

hullaerials

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish and lnb, shotgun cable
My Location
Hull, uk
Hello rookie post here, I came across a satellite installation with shotgun cable. I have a question, can I connect just one of the cables to the Freesat port on the back of the TV? Or is shotgun cable meant for a twin receiver? Ty

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
If it's from a previous Sky Q installation you'll need change the LNB. If it's a universal LNB you can connect just one of the cables, both don't need to be connected.

If it's a Sky minidish and the LNB only has two outputs it's probably a Sky Q wideband LNB.

hullaerials

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, uk
If it's from a previous Sky Q installation you'll need change the LNB. If it's a universal LNB you can connect just one of the cables, both don't need to be connected.

If it's a Sky minidish and the LNB only has two outputs it's probably a Sky Q wideband LNB.
Thanks, It is a minidish. So I take it I'll need a sky q box to receive any channels.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
The LNB on the dish can be changed for a Sky mk4 quad LNB. Alternatively a Freesat 4K receiver will work with a Sky Q LNB.

hullaerials

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, uk
The LNB on the dish can be changed for a Sky mk4 quad LNB. Alternatively a Freesat 4K receiver will work with a Sky Q LNB.
Thanks that's a great help.

hullaerials

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, uk
Says sky on the lnb. It's not a mini dish it's standard size.
IMG_20221111_141944.jpg

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Sky branded LNB with two outputs is almost certainly from a Sky Q installation. They're both Sky minidishes, perhaps the larger 'zone 2' version if they appear to be larger than other Sky dishes in the area.