tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
sorry un4gvn got myself confused now its the new dream box 500 i should be getting not the old one
ps i am dreaming about dreamboxes now lol

un4gvn

Learning everyday........
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
lol.....
I would say get the new one since it's has a bigger better remote. Also these are from the new recent shippment that most retailers got from dreambox multimedia. I would assume the dreambox makers might have improved other things in it besides the remote like exchanging the philips tuner with the alps one, maybe some other things. All I can tell you is that the Dm500S I have now is damn better than my (sold now) Dm7020S. I'm missing a few bells and whistles from the 7020S but no problem really since I have the 500S networked with my pc.
Good luck
Cheers from CY

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
thanks un4gvn got one ordered now they are on a wating list from germany so they are the new ones now all i have to do is play the wating game

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Best of luck Tris with your new box .
I have been following this thread and did you find out which encrypted channels U would get compared to your patched Technomate.

Maurice

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
Maurice1 said:
Best of luck Tris with your new box .
I have been following this thread and did you find out which encrypted channels U would get compared to your patched Technomate.

Maurice
no just keeping fingers crossed mate and hopeing for more:-doh!

un4gvn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
no just keeping fingers crossed mate and hopeing for more:-doh!
Don't hope for too much tris, I think ( Im not 100% sure )that whatever your technomate opens now is what you will have with your dreambox. It's the things you will be able to do with the dreamboxe that sets it apart from the technomate. Don't get me wrong, it's a good receiver, my father has one and for their price you can't go wrong.

gthia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skymaster WinXP
My Location
germany
gedit here lowest prices

_www.kelkoo.de

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
un4gvn said:
Don't hope for too much tris, I think ( Im not 100% sure )that whatever your technomate opens now is what you will have with your dreambox. It's the things you will be able to do with the dreamboxe that sets it apart from the technomate. Don't get me wrong, it's a good receiver, my father has one and for their price you can't go wrong.

O-st That is what I have been considering. Will I have the knowledge and patience to set up a Triple Dragon or go for a lesser complex setup, and alot cheaper. Anyone know how many extra channels are available with the better set up?

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
is triple dragon dreambox ?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
tris said:
is triple dragon dreambox ?

:D Same but the experts in here tell me its of a better quality. :-band

un4gvn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
CY
O-st That is what I have been considering. Will I have the knowledge and patience to set up a Triple Dragon or go for a lesser complex setup, and alot cheaper. Anyone know how many extra channels are available with the better set up?

TJ, I thought you already got the triple dragon, didn't you?.

:D Same but the experts in here tell me its of a better quality. :-band

Ahhhh Likvid and Llew :-beer

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
i bet they cost more than a 500s

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
maybe i should have got one of them that display looks the nuts on the dbs 3000

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
un4gvn said:
TJ, I thought you already got the triple dragon, didn't you?.

Ahhhh Likvid and Llew :-beer

:D Had to pay by bank transfer, went up to bank today to pay. Had a big fire in Poole, about 2 miles from me and thousands are without power. When i was in the bank the girl had just entered all the info on the computer and pressed return, then the whole place went black, computers down the lot. She said, oh! what have I done. So I don't know if the money has gone or not. But I finaly decided on the TD with the CM 1.2 dish and the Jaeger SMR-1224EL. Just need the bits like cable, LNB etc. Still sorting that out. No land lines here either but got power and broadband.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
tris said:
i bet they cost more than a 500s

Coming from germany. The Jaeger SMR-1224EL in UK is £232-00 delivered and from Germany is £120-00 delivered.
The Triple Dragon 120gb is £370-04 in UK. Triple Dragon 160gb is £323-00 from Germany delivered. With bank transfer fee and delivery costs it works out £160 cheaper plus an extra 40gb bigger hd.

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
is a dbox 2 sat as good as a db500 ? or am i best off ceeping my order for a db500
thanks tris