Showtime & Al Jazerra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2d 1.45 mt dish & Nile Sat.
My Location
Spain
I have a Cristor X3 decoder set on Nilesat 7w. I have a Showtime card and would like to also get Al Jazera sports for UEFA cup now that C5 is moving to a narrow band. (We only have a 1.45 dish for sky system)

Should we just buy the card and keep swoping it in the box or will the card stop working if not left in the slot. Or is there a box that we could buy that will hold two cards at the same time.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
alicantebaggie said:
I have a Cristor X3 decoder set on Nilesat 7w. I have a Showtime card and would like to also get Al Jazera sports for UEFA cup now that C5 is moving to a narrow band. (We only have a 1.45 dish for sky system)

Should we just buy the card and keep swoping it in the box or will the card stop working if not left in the slot. Or is there a box that we could buy that will hold two cards at the same time.

I would buy another box like the one that you have and use it for Aljazera Sports, also Irdeto.
This way you will have two tuners and can record one channel and watch another.
Most TVs have two AV inputs, so you can hook the two receivers without any problems.
You will have a problem with the remote, so check first if you can set it up to activate only one receiver.
Otherwise, buy a different make so that you won't have this problem.