mimoace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Showtime
with Showbox
My Location
Middle East
Dear Experts...
Can any one tell me if it is possible to add Hotbird to my Showbox (3001s) receiver along with my already installed Nilesat...
The showbox confuses me in the operation menu, It has hotbird mentioned in the sat list along with the other satellites but I need technical description like how to use the DiSEqC switch and how to Search the channels when there is no frequencies for the hotbird mentioned..
My show box is connected to a quad LNB with 3 RJ wires and I intend to add another Quad LNB for the Hotbird.
Please Advise the Technical things I need to take care of.
Regards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't know the Showbox, but would assume that you simply need to allocate a port number to the Hotbird satellite, to match the port of the DiseqC switch. Should be fairly straightforward.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Do you have a dish pointing to Hot Bird or not?
Without a dish, the receiver will not scan channels on Hot Bird.
Once you have two dishes, it should be very easy to setup the switch.

mimoace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Showtime
with Showbox
My Location
Middle East
HB13DISH said:
Do you have a dish pointing to Hot Bird or not?
Without a dish, the receiver will not scan channels on Hot Bird.
Once you have two dishes, it should be very easy to setup the switch.

Yes I have another dish pointing and working with Hotbird perfectly, the problem that the receiver had the Hotbird on the sat list but no frequency database ever, but with my Nilesat I entered one frequency and the receiver identifies all others and starts finding channels is this practical for the Hotbird.. I think the best way to find out is to try ??? don't you think so???

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
mimoace said:
Yes I have another dish pointing and working with Hotbird perfectly, the problem that the receiver had the Hotbird on the sat list but no frequency database ever, but with my Nilesat I entered one frequency and the receiver identifies all others and starts finding channels is this practical for the Hotbird.. I think the best way to find out is to try ??? don't you think so???

I still can't see what is the problem.
Try to input the frequency of any FTA channel from the Lyngsat list and see what happens
_http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

If the Showbox software is designed so that it will only work with the Nilesat list, then no other satellite can be scanned.
What does the manual say?

mimoace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Showtime
with Showbox
My Location
Middle East
I found that the show box was made by a South African company named Altech technologies under moder 3001 S and this actually is a DVR receiver which accepted 3connections from quad LNB which allows one to be watched by a TV the other for another TV and the third is for recording peruses

mimoace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Showtime
with Showbox
My Location
Middle East
At Last Friends ...
Everything is working for the showbox, simply try to search the 12034MHz V frequency it will add most of the bouquets of the Hotbird, as far as I've heard that the Sky network is the very same like Showtime and ART network of Nilesat. but the show box uses Quad LNB system for each satellite added thus I used 2 Quad LNBs with 3 DiSEqc switches and the box works only with DiSEqc 2.0 switches and there is a delay about 2-10 seconds till its switch between satellites....
Hope this information seems to be helpful for you.

Repsac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SHOWTIME
DVR 3001S
My Location
BAHRAIN
I have a Showtime Showbox DVR, model 3001S. It's the model used in the Middle East. The instructions included don't mention how to record to an external VCR through the included SCART port or any mention of the included USB other than 'for future use'. I would like to save some of the recorded programs off-line on my computer or on DVD to be viewed later.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Repsac said:
I have a Showtime Showbox DVR, model 3001S. It's the model used in the Middle East. The instructions included don't mention how to record to an external VCR through the included SCART port or any mention of the included USB other than 'for future use'. I would like to save some of the recorded programs off-line on my computer or on DVD to be viewed later.

I am not familiar with this box, but if it has a spare Scart connector for VCR then just connect a cable with a Scart connector on one side and the other side goes to your VCR or DVR with a matching set of connectors (either Scart or 3 RCA connectors for video and L/R audio).
On your VCR or DVR select the AV input that this cable was connected to.
If you still have difficulties, attach a photo with the back of the STB showing all the connectors.
Good Luck :)

mimoace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Showtime
with Showbox
My Location
Middle East
Rd100 said:
Any one know where i can buy a used or new showbox?

You can order it online in www.showtimearabia.com, but you have to get the subscription for at least two months from showtime. but subscription only valid for middle east countries, other wise look for sky network in Europe they have the same box but in another name, they are all made it south africa.

R

Rd100

showtime will not sell direct to the UK thats why i asked i already have sky HD

mimoace said:
You can order it online in www.showtimearabia.com, but you have to get the subscription for at least two months from showtime. but subscription only valid for middle east countries, other wise look for sky network in Europe they have the same box but in another name, they are all made it south africa.

gamilkamel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
star sat 3500
My Location
egypt
rolfw said:
I don't know the Showbox, but would assume that you simply need to allocate a port number to the Hotbird satellite, to match the port of the DiseqC switch. Should be fairly straightforward.
thanl alot

salibati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
showtime arabia recever
My Location
Egypt
gamilkamel said:
thanl alot

Show time Arabia stopes using showbox DVR 3001s and relace it with an Hd receiver
I tried to use the showbox to record free to air channels but the massage you have to subscripe to Orbit show time can some one help how can record , there is no more subscription to show time and they discontinue the showbox

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello
do you have two lines and 2 inputs to the box.
if you have a songle line and only one input it will not work at all.
you can not split the signal eather.
you must have a dual output LNB on the dish and 2 lines run
ralph

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
All showtime customers had to ugrade to the new OSN HD boxes with married cards .If subscription ends and not renewed ,even the free to air channels are blocked.

salibati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
showtime arabia recever
My Location
Egypt
Hello
Yes I have two lines and two inputs , can I record

firrath

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
showbox with company satellite.
humax ir free
My Location
riyadh
hi,

maybe i am just being a bit thick but....

osn showbox doesn't read my al jazeera card. i must point out i have the osn dish as well. but i bought a humax ir free box and hooking up to the same dish ( basically at the moment taking the line from the back of the showbox and putting it into the humax) and it doesn't even see the nilesat. it reads the card but i get 45% on the signal.

what am i doing wrong? do i have to get another dish or more likely hook into someone else's dish?

some advice please!!!!