Signal-problems with 7020s after new LNB-head install..

goodiegood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s (Gemini)

2.33Ghz, 2GB DDR2, WinXP SP2
My Location
SWEDEN
when i plug the coax-cable from my dish to the SAT or LNB-port on my 7020s (i assume it's the LNB-port that i shall plug the cable into since i get 80% in SNR and AGC), and choose a channel, i get the message "service could not be found!".. however, if i take my other tuner (a regular satelite tuner) and plug the cables, i can view all the channels i want. so the signal seems to be all goodiegood.. when i go back to the dreambox again, i still get the "service could not be found!"-message when i try to view a channel! what am i doing wrong here, huh?

must i re-install all the channels over again on my Dreambox to make it work properly, perhaps..?

i must mention that before i installed the new LNB on my dish, i could view the channels perfectly on my Dreambox, but not anymore. oh yes, i am on a local card share between the tuner in my room and in my living room..

i have of course changed the Satelite-settings to work with the DiseqC 2-1, i've restarted the tuner and checked that i've got ok signal, and i do...

EDIT: when i tried to transfer a new boquet to my dreambox, i couldn't connect to my dreambox, so i went and changed my ip so i could connect with Llama and transfer my designed boquet.. perhaps it can be a networking issue since it wouldn't connect to the dreambox until i changed the IP..? i am behind a router. i haven't configured any settings on my router, but it has worked fine before without any need of configuring the router..

what can be wrong, hmm?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Ok the first thing we need to find out is if you installed the new lnb in exactly the same place as the old one, with the same skew, position etc etc.

Its too much of a coincidence that you have lost channels after you changed the lnb to be anything else.

Have you tried to do a rescan to see if it finds anything. The other alternative could be that your old lnb had a better gain than the new one. If the other receiver has a better tuner in it, it may be able to get a signal when the Dreambox cannot :confused

I mean lets face it the 7020 tuner isn't exactly the most sensitive going :D

Like i said try doing a rescan on the particular sat your having problems with and let us know what happens. It would also be useful if you can let us know what sat you are trying to get up there in Sweden :D

:-beer

Nano