Signal Strength Meter

red_dragon_za

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Delsat DSR5500, Radix DT100, Dreambox 500 & Multichoice Receivers plus Compro sat card
Dishes 1M, 80cm & 50cm. USB Stick for DTT (But no transmissions in Cape Town yet!!!)
My Location
South Africa
Hi, does anyone have a circuit diagram for a basic singnal strength meter, the kind that goes inline with the feed coax and measures the current taken by the LNB. At least I think that is how they work.
I am in South Africa and that sort of thing is not readily available here and if it is will be about three time the price of UK.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum red_dragon_za

Well I do not know if there is anything in that category on this site but click here to find out

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
What's involved, basically, is:

1) A wideband (but bandlimited!) amplifier, 1-2 Ghz (ie, for satellite if frequncies). Would usually be a special puspose ic, ie a high frequency op amp, maybe configured as a standard "stable" inverting amplifier.

However, at such microwave frequencies, constructional details become VERY important, if you don't want an oscillator by mistake!

2) diode bridge rectifier circuit, driving a a small milli-ammeter

As these are quite cheap to buy, you're unlikely to find any construction projects, however the best bet would be amateur radio websites.