Signing up to Sky without having to take installation?

COOBS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 x DREAMBOX 500S
1.1 TRIAX with 4 LNB's and Diseqc switch
My Location
BELFAST
Is it possible to order a multi room sky viewing card ONLY for my spare sky satellite receiver in my bedroom without having to get an extra phone line installed and having it connected permanently?

I do not want to sign up to another new contract for 12 months. I want to be able to stop and start the multi room card whenever I want, not be stuck in a contract.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You can certainly get a Card only - But there is no way around the requirement for all multiroom Boxes to be connected to the same phone line: Its an anti-fraud measure and is actively policed. That said, quite a few people have reported that they have never so much as received a snotty warning letter despite regularly using a multiroom Card at eg a Caravan or Holiday Home.

AFAIK they won't start charging full Subs until after two warning letters have been ignored.

As for the 12 month Contract, I'm afraid you're stuck with that.

If they allowed stop/start usage, I might even have cracked myself and given myself visual access to The Ashes (Albeit I am one of those who strongly believe its a Sporting Crown Jewel and should be FTA!).

ziggyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Spain
I am back from the UK where I used a friend´s phone to order a Sky contract. She said is it for this phone number and I said no and gave them a UK mobile number. I am just waiting for the cards to be sent to the UK address given. How long does it normally take for them to arrive?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
ziggyblue said:
I am back from the UK where I used a friend´s phone to order a Sky contract. She said is it for this phone number and I said no and gave them a UK mobile number. I am just waiting for the cards to be sent to the UK address given. How long does it normally take for them to arrive?

Not long at all - within 3 days unless your local Postie is inclined to go on strike!

ziggyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Spain
I got the new sky cards but they couldn´t activate it because the second hand box is already activated with the existing card that was in it which is to an unknown person. How the hell do I get this activated now?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Ring them and tell them to activate the card. If they don't tell them to stuff it as you are well within your rights to do so if you are still inside the 14 day cooling off period :D

ratbiker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY minidish with WNC Quad
Win 7 Media Centre computer with Compro S350 tuner
My Location
Southport
I know this is an old thread, but I just want to confirm before I make an ass out of myself.

I have a self installed dish and cabling, and a Sky box I got given a while back.

If I call Sky and ask for a second user subscription as I have a fully setup and working installation with a Panasinic Sky box, they should just set an account up without asking too many questions, or am I going to have to exercise my extreme skills and completely blag them to do it? May be able to use the fact that we have cable downstairs to persuade them, and Sky is not needed, just wanted in my home theatre room :-beer

I plan on using the card in my media centre PC and continue using the Sky box for a few music channels in the kitchen, not that they need to know:D

Cheers.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
For a second hand box contract, they will set up an account and send out a card for the digibox. No phone line req :)

lofty531135

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky +
My Location
west midlands
Hi.
Would I need a phone line connected if I asked for a second hand box contract with a full package including Hd.
Thanks,Lofty.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, in short no :)

lfc30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motroised dish with spdierbox 5000SD
My Location
cheshire
Can you not just buy these 12-month cards which seem really cheap at £145 for 12 months full package? Does anybody know anymore about these cards, whats the catch?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
lfc30 said:
Can you not just buy these 12-month cards which seem really cheap at £145 for 12 months full package? Does anybody know anymore about these cards, whats the catch?

Would you care to give us a clue as to what your post is about precisely?

lfc30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motroised dish with spdierbox 5000SD
My Location
cheshire
Topper said:
Would you care to give us a clue as to what your post is about precisely?

:-doh!
Sorry i forgot to paste the link which was:
_http://www.falconsat.co.uk/categories/Viewing-Cards/Sky-UK-Freesat/

I've since looked at this closer and notice that you pay falconsat for the card then still pay another £450 ish to sky per year for subs, so not the bargain it looked at 1st. I've also read a few thread complaining about this supplier since