Silvercrest / comag sl65 software patch?

indigo1962

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2-technomate1000d-2 motorised triax-and a new sl-65
My Location
london
hello freinds
this thread does make interesting reading

kidly help me
i hv a sl-65--brand new sitting in the box

can someone pls point me to the right direction

i need a loader and latest patch---and where do i find later patch updates

i hv 2 motorised systems with technomate recievers and bought this a s a back up

i hv been told that as this is a clone of the max s-100, the patch will work from the max-s100 with an ali loader--somebody also mentioned that we hv to do a header change

can someone pls thro some light on it---so atleast i can proceed with the sl-65

many thanx

dkindt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Belgium
Hello Rato,

I am also interested in downloading new software in my silvercrest SL65, but I can't get the thing in upload/download mode. If I follow the instructions from silvercrest (pushing CH+ and CH- at the same time and then swith the silvercrest on, it should enter in the upload/download mode, but nothing happens). How did you do it? I found some soft on the internet, that might open some encripted channels. My cable is working fine.

Greetings,

dkindt

ottobald

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HSS820
My Location
UK
indigo1962 said:
hello freinds
this thread does make interesting reading

kidly help me
i hv a sl-65--brand new sitting in the box

can someone pls point me to the right direction

i need a loader and latest patch---and where do i find later patch updates

i hv 2 motorised systems with technomate recievers and bought this a s a back up

i hv been told that as this is a clone of the max s-100, the patch will work from the max-s100 with an ali loader--somebody also mentioned that we hv to do a header change

can someone pls thro some light on it---so atleast i can proceed with the sl-65

many thanx

Unfortnately SL 65 is not a true clone of Max S100. Hardware is different. Same processor (ALI M3329) but different using of peripheral processor pin groups. It requires a lot of HW changes to get it running. Additional I have been told that there is a look in the smax firm which prevents running on a different HW even it is absoluteley the same as max HW (comag).

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
dkindt said:
Hello Rato,

I am also interested in downloading new software in my silvercrest SL65, but I can't get the thing in upload/download mode. If I follow the instructions from silvercrest (pushing CH+ and CH- at the same time and then swith the silvercrest on, it should enter in the upload/download mode, but nothing happens). How did you do it? I found some soft on the internet, that might open some encripted channels. My cable is working fine.

Greetings,

dkindt

Ok this is a problem I had too, turn the receiver off with the rocker switch at the back left,then press and keep pressed the 2 buttons nearest to the display panel + & - then turn the rocker switch back on and watch the display.... this worked for me.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
If I use the file SL35 for UCS on my SL65 what will it clear? tp$ Kingston£ mediap4rk D plus ???? I have a rs232 and i'm not afraid to use it:)

ShootMePlz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Several Systems around the house, x800 graphics cards mainly used for gaming so specs arnt a problem
My Location
UK
mick2me said:
This Null Modem cable can be purchased cheaply on Ebay.

20_1_b.JPG

But what do you do if you have a laptop with only USB2 connection?

Well then you can always try a USB to Serial converter
Link Below

h**p://www.spotonuk.co.uk/cables-adaptors/spot-on/usb-port-rs232-serial-cable-adaptor_38200/

JAMBOliam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 with DiSeq 1.2 motor, HDrive 100gigs, dvd recorder, 5.1 goodmans surround sound, xbox360 wifi live,goodmans GD3
My Location
Edinburgh
mrminibus said:
Ok this is a problem I had too, turn the receiver off with the rocker switch at the back left,then press and keep pressed the 2 buttons nearest to the display panel + & - then turn the rocker switch back on and watch the display.... this worked for me.

hi guys,
im attempting to put the reciever into download mode, ive tried theswitch at the back, ive tried the plug and the small switch at the front but nothing seems to work to get it into download mode, any suggestions?

welby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Pro - Linux Redhat AS4 Server. Sat to be purchased.
My Location
UK
Here's how to patch the SL65.

Please note this is not my work and I make no claim to it!

If you want more info and the files look here:

http://comagforum.zapto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315
http://comagforum.zapto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315

I take no responsibility for making a brick outta your receiver!

Connect up receiver to PC with null modem cable via RS232, I used laptop with Win98.

Start with receiver switched to FTA channel and load up Upgrade_DVB.exe, browse to and load the SW_SL65_A.bin file. Press next and follow the on screen instructions, it will load into memory then burn to flash and takes about 5 mins.

I then started up the receiver, set the language and scanned Astra. With the receiver still connected as before and still on a FTA channel I started KeyUpdater_04Sept2006.exe, browsed to and loaded the Key28012007.bin file. Press next and follow on screen instructions, loads to memory then burns to flash. When finished thats it but switch the receiver off at the back switch (Power Off) for a few seconds then back on.

To activate/deactivate the cam go to the main menu and press 2580. To get to the key editor go to main menu, down to the Sat icon press enter and scroll down. When using the key editor you change from letters to numbers by using the FAV button.

Baikoff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
My Location
Bulgaria
Hi all,from where i can get workink k*y for Sky or for any music TV`s?10x-a-lot
Koksi

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Hello All

Is this quest yet at an end?

(BUMP)

snaffles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL 65
My Location
Ireland
I found this IMPORTANT INFORMATION about the SilverCrest SL 65. ;)

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvercrest_SL65#Which_Comag_.2F_Silvercrest_Do_I_Have_.3F.3F

In brief, it says that there are different types of processor chips used in this model.

The type of processor used, will determine which type of patch you will need to apply.

To determine what type of processor is in your box - you will NEED to remove the cover and inspect the circuit board.

• If you use the wrong cable - you will kill your box.
  • If you use the wrong type of patch - you will kill your box.
  • If you attempt to patch a non-patchable model - you will kill it forever.

PLEASE
read the entire page carefully, if you are thinking of patching your SL 65.

I hope this helps to prevent someone from frying their decoder. :)

snaffles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL 65
My Location
Ireland
I'm not sure if my last post was alowed because I included a link, and received an infraction. 'O'-red

But in case it didn't, all I wanted to let you all know is that Wikipedia have some EXCELLANT and VITAL information relating to the Silvercrest SL 65.

Anyone who is considering a software update or patch, should take a look before attempting it. ;)

I hope this helps