Silvercrest SL-45 FTA HDMI-output receiver at Lidl UK - Thursday 2nd September

ukdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate tm 5200 super,Icecrypt 60cm mesh dish,Icecrypt 0.1db LNB
My Location
chesterfield
Hi
A quick update on the LNB skew not had time to move it yet as it is raining heavy so had a quick flip through the channels ive got 738 alltogether but have now lost about half of them either no signal or picture is blocky would this be because the LNB is at the wrong angle.
Intensity is still around 89 but Quality is down to 25 or less the most common ones like bbc,itv,ect are OK
Also some of the channels have a $ sign next to the channel name does this mean its a pay channel.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ukdave said:
Also some of the channels have a $ sign next to the channel name does this mean its a pay channel.

It means it is either hard or soft encrypted or both

Anyhow well done, you would not believe how long it can take with some first timers

ukdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
chesterfield
Had a play with the SL45 setup this weekend in fact took the whole dish down and started again as i did not like the azimuth ajustment the dish is clamped in place with 2 u bolts and 2 brackets with teeth on when the bolts are slackened of to move the dish left or right the teeth make for a jerky movement if the bolts are slackened of any more the mounting bracket tends to drop down the post so had a go at fixing this first thing i did was make a collar to fit around the post and locked it in place with a grub screw the whole mounting bracket now sits on top of this so does not drop down the post now at the same time i found a piece of plastic tube like the stuff used for household waste pipes i cut a slit in this tube to allow it to fit around the post i now have this plastic tube between the post and the clamping bracket makes for a really smooth movement when ajusting azimuth if i dont come up with a better idea i may leave it as it is.
Also tried moving the LNB as suggested anticlockwise (looking at the dish from lnb) no go so ended up with LNB cable outlet at about 7oclock and got Intensity 92,Quality 80 looks like this is as good as it is going to get for now.
Anyone else bought the SL45 if so would like to hear what you think of it am very pleased with mine for the price not got round to using all the functions on it yet to busy playing with setup.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like you've made some good progress with your enterprising approach to installation!

ukdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
chesterfield
Thanks am really pleased with the way i can ajust the dish now do the better quality dishes come with a better mounting ajustment or do you buy the mounting seperatly.
I think i may be ill for a while now i find myself looking at ads and reviews for recievers, dishes,ect is it possible to catch a bug from this freesat thing if so i think that is whats wrong with me.
Can anyone tell me if a 60cm dish is big enough to take another LNB.

gazuk2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl sl45 reciver
My Location
northampton
Hello,

I believe, reading on the Internet that Astra 1N will become live this month, how can i update my SL45 receiver so that it will be able to receive channels from this satellite??

Many Thanks for you time
:)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's unlikely you'll need to do anything - all it is doing is replacing existing capacity.

But if there are any changes to Transponder parameters, you'll find them listed on flysat, lyngsat etc and almost certainly mentioned right here.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
gazuk2003 said:
Hello,

I believe, reading on the Internet that Astra 1N will become live this month, how can i update my SL45 receiver so that it will be able to receive channels from this satellite??

Many Thanks for you time
:)

Welcome to the forum

Its unlikely 1N will become active in September - up till yesterday she was definitely still testing at 1.8E. No tests spotted today, but they are much reduced over the weekend anyway. Once testing is finished its at least 2-3 weeks to get 1N drifted round to 28E and on station ready to go.

The first thing you will bneed to do is add in the extra frequencies that will be powered up - these will be in the currently unused gap between 10950 & 11200 MHz.

HOWEVER, not all these frequencies will be powered up at once so keep an eye on the forum - we will be posting as new frequencies are activated :)