silvercrest sl65

wendy.k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
desktop
My Location
england
can anyone tell how to get english channels on sattlite,i wanted to get the irish channels but found i cant get any english channels either.
do you have to have a susciption .
help :-rofl2

frikoriko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Where do you have it pointed to?
Astra is what you need.

sdp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comag sl-65
Jaeger DG-120 Diseqc1.2
Motor Gibertini 1.0m Offset dish c/w MTI 0.6 LNB
My Location
South Wales
I assume you've connected the receiver to an existing dish.
If that dish is roughly 2feet in diameter its probably an old Analogue Sky dish and is pointed at Astra at 19East. The only english channels here are CNN and BBC world. You need to get a man in to repoint the dish at 28E

However if the dish is smaller roughly about 16inches across it'll be pointed at Astra at 28East. If so turn on the box, press the list button on the remote.
Use the right arrow button (volume control increase) to select the satellite.
Flick through these until you highlight Astra28East, Hit the left arrow button
(volume control decrease). Tghis selects the channel. If every thing is pointed right, connected etc. You should see a picture and if you hit the info button bottom LHS this will give you 2 bars of Signal strength & Signal Quality.
You want both greater than 50% really.
If none of the above is true then get a man in!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant get the 4 Irish TV services without a Sky card registered to an Irish address and a digital receiver with Videoguard capabilities (Sky digibox for most people)

blakki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fta satellite
My Location
london uk
Can anyone please tell me if I can get any foreign channels with my silvercrest sl65 box but using my sky dish. At the moment i get all the fta english channels that are also on sky. Thanks for any help i get.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres plenty of foreign channels on "Sky" - loads of free Indian services for starters.:D

If you mean French German Italian etc then only if you are brave enough to move your dish (or put a second one up).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
If you have a silvercrest SL65, that will get the free channels on any satellite:

1) All Sky free to air from Astra2, a 45cm minidish will suffice for most of England, however 60cm is needed for far north/ Scotland.

2) All FTA on Astra1, including cnbc (for Tonight and Late Night shows). dish as above.

3) All FTA from Hotbird, including Bloomberg english version, but slightly bigger dish advised to get all channels properly, at least 60cm.

For other satellites, then a 60 cm dish size upwards .......

Note this assumes using the correct satellite cable, there's an issue with the latest Lidl kits in that the wrong cable type - rg59 - was included!

Obviously, the dish can only point at one satellite, if you want to get several, then it's either multiple lnbs, or a motor ......

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
channel 6 is available on 5* east with a patch I think on the kingstone package