Sirius

nordy250

Regular Member
Hi I live in surrey, (uk) and have a 1.6m dish with 0.2 lnb, i an get all chanells on viasat during the day but at night (around 8pm) all the vertical channels loose all signal and come back at about 7 in the morning, is there anything i can do to not loose signal, the dish is alligned properly,

any help appreciated!
 
Various possible reasons:

Change in atmospheric conditions

Also, the satellites do move around a bit over 24 hours, and your dish is obviously marginal for your location. A tiny decrease in received power may well be enough to tip your reception over the edge.
 
thats strange......... :confused:

I have an 80cm dish and 0.3db LNB and I can get all channels on sirius 24 hours a day :confused:

I had my dish at sirius last week
 
c.barber said:
thats strange......... :confused:

I have an 80cm dish and 0.3db LNB and I can get all channels on sirius 24 hours a day :confused:

I had my dish at sirius last week
You are closer to Scandanavia than the op - signals from 5E drop off rapidly from Suffolk / Norfolk. Your area gets the strongest signals in England.

FWIW i can just get Sirius 3 during fine weather on my 1m dish. Any rain and its goes away.
 
sorry I forgot about where the scandanavia beam is. I assumed that the further south, the better signals :D that is true but not for this sat

Apologies
 
a 1.6m (if it is a solid) should still get all the channels at night. I think the system needs a bit of professional tweaking
 
yes what do you mean by proffesional? yes it is solid, but I have to use the viasat box which may not be a sensitive as i need?
 
I´m still amazed i get some sirius transponders in the south of spain with an 80cm offset. Surely in scandinavia it would be easy??
 
There are at least 5 different footprint patterns in use at 5E, (just on the sirius birds) with I think 2 being pan European beams. There are also 3 spot beams from the Intelsat 10-02 craft colocated there, so it all get horribly complicated.
 
that is correct there are 5 beams or sirius the european beams only need a 45cm dish as for the scandanavian beam where there viasat channels are E.G tv1000 you need 1.2 to 1.8 metre dish i can get them with 60% signal on my 1.2 metre channel master with 0.7 cambrige lnb but on my 1.8 metre channel master i get 98% signal on them, btw channel master are proble the best dishes in the world,

btw im new here, also is this analougesat from digital spy

Analoguesat said:
There are at least 5 different footprint patterns in use at 5E, (just on the sirius birds) with I think 2 being pan European beams. There are also 3 spot beams from the Intelsat 10-02 craft colocated there, so it all get horribly complicated.
 
Back
Top