Sky+ additional points; one TV

stokes1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Abedeen
Hi There

I'm a bit of an amateur at satellite technology so thought I'd check for some help!

I have a sky + box with two leads coming in through two drilled holes in the wall, i want to turn this into a face plate (found suitable part on ebay). At the same time I want a second face plate in a different area of the same room. This is only so we can move our TV if desired, we will only be using one Sky+ receiver and one TV.

Its cosmetic only so if we move the TV we dont have to trail leads.

What splitters/junction boxes should i use/avoid? Can B&Q or screwfix cater for the right of equipment?

I went to buy some parts but when I came accross 2W power passes and 4 band quad plexes - i thought it was worth checking!

Thanks for any help!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum,

Your LNb should have 4 ports so fairly easy enough to cable two additional feeds to the second location where you can install an outlet plate.

stokes1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Abedeen
Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about this one but the sky dish is on a high building that i can't really easily get up to. Thats why i was thinking about just branching of the lines under the floor or behind the wall. Is that not the best way to do it?

The second wall plate is only going to be about 4 m away in the same room so easy enough to get them there in the floor space.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Fit a 4 output wallplate and connect second 2 output wallplate to the back of two of the four outputs (dish is connected to the other two). When you want to move receiver then merely fit fly leads from outputs connected to dish to the outputs connected to second wallplate.

Make your own wallplate using blank wallplate and 4 male to male f connector adaptors.