Sky+ and watching a recording

philo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Digibox but thinking of getting sky multiroom which includes Sky+ an Sky HD boxes
My Location
Wales
Just wondering if the following scenario is possible.....
..... The missus is always watching recorded programmes rather than live TV. So the question is can you watch a programme recorded on the Sky+ hard drive while someone else watches another sky channel in another room via a digisender type wireless receiver (connected via SCART)?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
the answer is - you'll be disappointed.

philo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Digibox but thinking of getting sky multiroom which includes Sky+ an Sky HD boxes
My Location
Wales
I take it that's a NO CHANCE!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not until they finish development of the next generation of boxes, on which it will apparently be a possibility. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Unfortunately you're going to be needing a second box, therefore you'll have to pay $ky a tenner a month if you want it.

The only other option is to try to get to the tv before the missus, I'm guessing her reply will be :-123

philo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wales
Looks loke Sky Multiroom it is then! Will sky supply 2 sky+ boxes to service my demanding needs?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They'll supply whatever you want, not sure what the charge would be though. :)

philo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wales
It's £99 to upgrade to Sky+ but probably double the price again for a second box!