Sky are T**T's!

benny

Reaction score
I have 2 digiboxes and took sky up on their "OFFER" of a £50 total subscription.Since then i have moved house and have not even connected my 2nd box to the dish.I went over to my old house to pick up some mail and sky had sent me a letter on the 10th Jan saying that cos my 2nd box was not connected to the the phone line they were now billing me for £38 times 2. £76 !!!!
Of course i was not best pleased.I phoned them straight away,the first option on the automated line was for people who have just had this letter,so that tells you that it is popular.I explained my situation and the bird on the end of the phone could not give a sh** about it.She tried to tell me that the digibox needs to be connected to the phone line "So that we at sky can ensure that your box is working correctly" To which i reply "Oh iam sorry i thought that it needed to be connected so that i can play space invaders at 75p a time." They must think im stupid!
I very nearly told her were to stick her card,but cos i watch ma BBC etc through it,I reduced my package down to the family package £18.50 each.Sky now get £37 of my hard earned cash,not the £50 that they were....
My "Programme Advisor" (Bloke on the end of a phone) told me that i had violated my contract. I would'nt wipe my Ar** of that contract as more sh** will come off it than on.
As you can tell im a bit peaved. Its not the blokes fault that he is working for sky cos he failed the Mc Donalds aptitude test, now is it........

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Benny, I can understand your feelings, they can sometimes simulate the persona of a lump of wood when discussing problems.

They are very concerned though that people do not abuse the discount mirror subscription, from what you say you weren't abusing it, but they are not to know that.

I'm surprised that they didn't give you the opportunity to reconnect the phone line though.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
This is just typical of Sky they know they have a semi trapped customer base so they exploit their customers to the limit.

Its a great shame that Sky continues to follow this path - dont they know by now that this is loosing them business not gaining new business

Old Satellite

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
Originally posted by benny
I very nearly told her were to stick her card,but cos i watch ma BBC etc through it,I reduced my package down to the family package £18.50 each.Sky now get £37 of my hard earned cash,not the £50 that they were....

You are aware that you don't need a Sky contract to receive the BBC channels plus a whole lot of other FTV channels. If you mainly just use it for BBC programmes, then cancel your Sky contract altogether. Your cancelled Sky card continues to work as a FTV card, or you can order a dedicated FTV card free of charge, one for each box.

My website has a list of what channels you get for free.

If you do take that course of action, make sure when you cancel you tell Sky that you are cancelling because of the appauling way they treated you.

theblob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hp Pavilion media center dual core pc dreambox dm70025+
My Location
Leicester/UK
oh boy we all could really do with a hack for this platform, that would teach em customer relations:D

mb63

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What some people are not aware of is that when you get a discounted box from sky is that in your contract is an "interactive marketing agreement" which uses your phoneline to enable you to play the games for the cost of the call. But, Sky also monitor your viewing habits via the phoneline and they sell this information to advertisers (along with the account holders profile) so you can be targeted with ad's for your age group etc. big brother is watching you. After 12 months the box is yours and you can rip the phone line out. People have got on to this and now the rumour is that when they issue the new cards you have to connect your phoneline to activate your card. Crafty b~s~tards.