SKY+ box does not record

danielv23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Hi there, new to this so thanks for the help.

I have installed a sky+ box that was received from a friend. I have put a quad LMB on the dish, run the dual wires to the box, got my sky card paired to the box, etc. Unfortunately the box will not record. Originally the box would live pause but not record and now it will not even live pause.

I have tried a full system install using the 0, 1, select and then option 8 on the installer menu and zip. Any ideas???????

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
if signal strenth and quality are ok on both tuners its probably the Hard Drive.

danielv23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Howdy, cheers for the come back.

I have checked the signal strength and all looks ok. Do you know any options if it is the hard drive? I have to say it did make a funny sound from inside the the machine when I turned it on.

Any ideas, anyone????

Again - cheers for any help offered.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
if it is the hard drive its just a matter of changing it. its a matter of opening the cover disconnect the old drives power and ide cable lift it out, connect up the new one and replace the cover. My experience is on a version 1 sky+ box but i am sure the procedure is pretty much the same for them all. Some makes of hard drive are more suited but any i have replaced i have used Maxtor drives and all worked perfect. You can download software to them to make them run quieter too as original drives spin at 5400rpm and newer drives are 7200rpm. i think it drops the cache down to 2 mb also which should increase the chances of compatability. Never used it myself though, just a straight swap with all the ones i have done. You will need a torx 10 security bit for the screws on the box(Maplin do them). If you do a search on goo*le there are plenty of step by step wlkthroughs with pics of the whole operation.

Just a thought b4 you do the above. Take out the power supply at the back of the box, press and hold back-up button on the box and re-insert the power supply. Continue holding back-up until all the lights on the box come on and the tv screen says downloading new software, do not disconnect the power or satellite cables. It takes about 10 mins. Its worth a shot but if it is the hard drive its not likely to work.

kafagan55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised system
My Location
dublin ireland
sky has to enable your sky + box before it will reord are you a subscriber? if not contact sky
kevin

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I had the same problem with my SKY+ box and had to call SKY twice to get it fixed. They will send a new signal to your card/box and you should be fine. If not, then it might be the HDD as mentined above.

Cheers,

F