sky box menu lagging

newcastleman32

hi
my parents sky box menu system is awful slow at responding lagging some what
I must admitt i forgot what make it is wine i guess !!!but grundig springs to mind
I remember my mother complaining a while how when scrolling thro the tv guide menu the response to is delayed
when i tryed it ,,it was frustrating how slow it dragged , say i pressed down twice the cursor move twice,, sum 4 seconds later then delay 4 seconds for next key press

i know its an old box as she really had it since day 1 of sky digital launch
Is it case of the box is bit old for moderm firmware updates
or is it missing an update...?

im going to do a force update tomorrow see if that sorts it out an if not
Well she's been on a full package with sky since week 1 analogue full package so see if sky do her nice deal on a box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the box is Too Olde to respond quickly, the processor is not as powerful as the newer boxes and the demands on it continue to increase. :)

newcastleman32

i see
so nothing can be done :-ohmy(

ok im going to appraoch sky an explain my parents have been customeres since day 1 analogue an were first to get digital when it was launched
hopefully they relax on some deal for a newer box

really they shouldnt put such demands on there hardware makin customeres experiance ov there service a frustration
forcing people to need newer boxes at there rediculas prices
end ov gripe

thanks for response an time taken mate ,,cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just tell Sky that the box is broken (if it is that slow, it effectively is), so you want to cancel, they will offer you a replacement for £60, make sure that it is disconnected from the phone line though. :) Either that, or you can buy a brand new one on ebay for less than £100.