Sky - By The Back Door Cat Flap

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
You have DSL - ‘always on’ (and its open to the outside world while its on) – there’s a 10/100 connection on your STB - you wake up the following morning to find TV Shows/Commercials on your hard drive that you will later question your partner and/or your kids about.

Yep, you have signed-up to a kind of SKY Cat-Flap – a portal to your home that comes without a firewall and wavers any right to restriction of your front room.

Free installation offers and/or boxes will be available in your ‘hood before the guy with the off-the-back-of-a-lorry jewelry even has a chance to hoodwink you.

Commentators, apparently, think that TV by DSL is the next big thing. I don’t share their enthusiasm. Why?

I bought a digital answering machine today. It might well have been an i-pod for all I care. It turns out that if I want to keep a message – the best I can hope for is to get hold of a good microphone and record what comes out of the answering machine speaker?:-doh!

How do you install a firewall on a SKY STB? Can't wait for that EPG update.

Have Fun,

Mark.

P.S. This presumes, of course, that every SKY subscriber will have SKY+ by 2007 - or there abouts - (with offers ;-)

Sorry to anyone seeing multiple posts on the same thing - I fook'd-up on that. Give me a cassette anyday!

Sorted :)