Sky cancellation

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thanks for the input lads. Will be sending a letter tomorrow.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
I think Skomedal hit the nail on the head there! This is what I will be sending Monday. :)

Sky Account Number: ************
Viewing Card Number: *** *** ***

ADVANCED NOTIFICATION OF CANCELLING CONTRACT.

SKY TV SERVICES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED.

Dear Sky Cancellations Department

I understand that my contract with you expires in August 2015. Please cancel my Sky subscription when it expires. I will not be re-subscribing. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely

Says it all really! Concise and to the point without all the flannel! :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
That's what we are. A flannel wringing service.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You could always sell the card and receiver, at least that way you would get some of your money back if Sky are not going to cancel the service until August. :D

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
The email about the payment method is automated, ignore it, you've paid up and are in credit but they'll still try and take the DD every month because the agreement is still in place
I'd cancel it again and ignore the automated emails when they come (if they're that bothered they'll phone you or just disconnect the services)

On that letter above I'd include that you've paid up until the end of contract but others may disagree :-rofl2

I understand that my contract with you expires in August 2015. I have credited my account to August 2015. Please cancel my Sky subscription when it expires. I will not be re-subscribing. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Letter sent! I did go into my bank to cancel the DD order which I set up again, but that has not started yet so I just have to wait about a week before and cancel it again :)

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI ALL

Had a phone call from Sky today about my cancellation letter. It was a bit premature to send it, but the guy on the phone said the earliest date I can cancel is June 26th. So, if I send them another letter they will call me back to confirm and that will be it.

So now I know! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Do you want me to merge this with the original Thread, Tony?

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Go for it, Tivu! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors