Sky card in TM6900 HD receiver.

viduka

Reaction score
Hi, hope this is in the correct section & hope you can help me. Firstly, will a sky card work in a patched TM reciever as i Have a old blue card with the yellow house & I understand that this could be used to watch chan 4 hd. Im sure I read somewhere that the old card would work , but needs to be updated in a sky receiver (which i no longer have) , is this correct ? Secondly, if a card will work, what are anybodys recomendations for getting hold of new a card only (no box etc) to enable me to watch the ashes cricket in HD. Could I get hold of a card only from sky & what would be the minimum amount of time that I would be able to sign up for the HD and if needed minimum package after that ie how quick could I stop paying once the cricket is over ! Sorry for so many questions & thanks in advance.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The yellow house with blue background card did indeed work in the TM6800/TM6900 models once patched. I doubt very much though if the new white cards will at the moment, but I have no white card to try.

Ch4 HD isn't a subscription channel its FTV, so if Sky were still doing FreesatfromSky you would not need to subscribe, they used to sell the card for £20.

And yes, the card does need to go into a Sky receiver approx every 6 weeks I think it was.

The minimum subs period for Sky is 12 months. It might be cheaper to go for Sky with min subs with a 2nd hand HD box, than messing with a TM HD box, that might not work.

My blue card with yellow house has been stuck in my TM for months now, so I have just put it in a Sky box, so tomorrow I will check if it still works.

DaDragon

Reaction score
viduka and robbo,
I have been using my old blue card yellow house free to view card(which i paid £20 for acouple of years ago)in my technomate6900 and up until monday 15th i would take out the card once every couple of months and stick it in my sky+ box for update.It now as of Monday will not update,i usually leave it in overnight with the receiver switched on sky3 and it always updates.I have now tried leaving the card in for a couple of days and it will not update.I think it may be that with the new cards that sky are sending out being different that any old cards will not update.Robbo did your card update?.I would like to know to see if it is indeed that these cards are no longer valid or that i have just missed the flash update and need to try again.
Regards DaDragon

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Nope, just checked the Sky box with my ex subs card in it,been there since yesterday- No channel five and No Sky3, so I presume I now have a new ice scraper for the winter. But I'll try it in the TM anyway.

DaDragon

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mate,i needed conformation so i didn't spend all night wasting electricity on a worthless card.Maybe when the new cards arrive i can use the exsisting card in my Technomate?!!.I will keep you posted when the new sky cards arrive and i put my old one in the Technomate.
Regards DaDragon

viduka

Reaction score
Robbo said:
Nope, just checked the Sky box with my ex subs card in it,been there since yesterday- No channel five and No Sky3, so I presume I now have a new ice scraper for the winter. But I'll try it in the TM anyway.

Oh well never mind, thanks for the info guys !

jasmine1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 2110 2ci/echostar 808 via 2ci/matrix reloaded/opos 105/titanium/vr3/fortec HD/Quali HD/diablo/DB500S/110cm motorised
My Location
midlands.UK
I have tried 5 different blue cards now over the last 2 weeks none of them will update,over the years i have never had a problem,looks like these cards are dead now.