Sky Cards Going Off

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
I guess you mean the FTV channels on deactivated subscription cards.

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
Does that mean that dedicated FTV cards (i.e. Solus) will also stop working?

mjc410

Reaction score
No i don´t think so the cards that people have paid £23.50 for will remain on because they were issued by Free2View which was a seperate company formed by ITV,C4, and C5, I think it is purely Sky Subscription cards that are still active after the payment method has been withdrawn, hence that Sky will get another £150.00 and generating themselves more income.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is not a fact, it is speculation, I have read the thread in the link posted above and this is just one person's experience.

As I've said elsewhere, it would be totally illogical for Sky to start killing lapsed subscription cards, this would just drive them to Freeview terrestrial and Sky want to keep them on the satellite platform.

They may however stem the sale of lapsed subscription cards, by making no channels available on an unpaired card.

mjc410

Reaction score
Do think it is possible for Sky to re-align all the cards then rolfw? coz i know that on ebay the cards they state that the cards will work in any box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, at the moment cards will work in any box for the non-premium channels, not sure how complex it would be for them to restrict the cards to a single box for all channels, but I'm sure that it is possible.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
mjc410 said:
Do think it is possible for Sky to re-align all the cards then rolfw? coz i know that on ebay the cards they state that the cards will work in any box

Indeed, the BBC was "paired" to the box before they went FTV last June, also ITV2 is "paired" for some strange reason :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
When ITV2 launched on Sky part of the contract ITV Digital (as it existed then) had with Sky was that ITV2 would not be available on Pub & Club subscriptions, forcing pubs to get an ITV Digital system for the sport on ITV2.

At the time it was generally believed that ITV2 was paired to a digibox to stop a pub quickly putting a residential card into their digibox and showing sport. If that was the case it could be the only reason that it is still paired is that it has never been changed, and there isn’t really any reason for it to be.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Thanks for that information Polomint, It's cleared up a long outstanding question of mine!!

keith mawer

Reaction score
i just got one of those s-y + boxes . i dont know how i managed now there brillient and uncle murdoch sent me a letter giving me ALL the channels for 6 months same price £33 pm.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
I hope they don't turn off none paired cards. I sold my previous box with paired card when I picked up a box with unpaired card earlier this year. I don't mind having to buy the 150 pound box as such, its just that my current none sub unpaired card also gives me the full family package with the exception of ITV2 and problably a couple of other premium channels.