Sky Channel Reshuffle

JohnMac

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::An earlier suscriber who cannot remember his username at that time%21%21
I discovered today that our favourite radio channels (Radio 3 and Radio 4)seemed to have disappeared - most frustrating !! Looking for information I found the following:

28th February:
Major reshuffle of nearly all channels, including creation of 4 digit channel numbers for radio channels and new channels:
152 Reality Extra, 885 Legal TV

Now I know where they have gone but my problem is that I cannot select the 4 digit channel numbers because I still have only the possibility to enter three numbers. My rather old digibox is a Panasonic TU-DSB30.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated !!

Many thanks
John

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
what you can try doing is, look for the specific info on the "missing channels" you want on Internet (eg, www.satcodx.com ), then try entering the transponder details into "add channels", and - hopefully - your old struggling Panasonic will "find" them.

(then, select by going "other channels" ...... ).

Hopefully, the "Pannys" will get the newer software at some point ......

JohnMac

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the suggestion Spiney. I thought of this yesterday and managed to find the channels and store them. Then, following the Panasonic User Guide, I pressed TV Guide to see "Other Channels" and, as shown in a diagram, this should be item 8. Unfortunately, it did not appear on the screen, the last item being Personal Programmer or somthing - so I tried it and other items but with no success.

However, today I went to try again and started with Services and, voila, there I saw "Other Channels" in this menu and this showed the channels I had set up yesterday - so I was happy (The User Gude diagram did not, of course, show this in the diagram !!).

I think I would like to reboot the digibox, but even though I did this a long time ago, I have forgotten how to do it - can you help with that please !!

Many thanks
John

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Power off digibox.Press back up on digbox and keep your finger on the back up button while you power on and still keep your finger on button until all lights come on,on the digibox,then take finger off.It can take up to ten minutes then box will go to standby.then switch on and you should have latest software(press services,4 then 5 to see).If your box has very old software then it might not work first time.

JohnMac

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Many thanks Zorba - tried the reboot today (we have been away over the weekend) and it worked perfectly. That was the answer because I now have back properly all the radio channels and I can enter 4 characters if necessary.

Hopefully a few more months of operation before the next hiccup !!!!

John

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I'm a ever so slightly disappointed with the latest big update in one respect... the radio channels still dont have a proper EPG schedule. I know the radio stations would have to pay for it themselves, but what excuse do the BBC stations have???