Sky Digital In Hungary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
My Location
UK
I have recently bought a holiday home in Nagykanizsa in the Zala Megye County in Hungary. I am looking at setting up Sky Digital there. I have the Sky LNB and a PACE Digibox, the recent silver one and wondered what kind of dish I would need to watch the UK terrestrial channels, BBC,ITV, C4 etc as well as the sky channels. At the moment I have no dish.

I have seen various footprint maps but none seem to give me the exact dish size. They range from 1.2m - 4m. Obviousy It would be great if someone in a town/city close by with SKy Digital set up could point me in the right direction but I know that is a longshot. I dont want to fork out hundreds on the wrong dish, especially if it is too smll for what I need.

Magykanizsa is about 30KM from the Croation border.

Thanks in advance - Johnny!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
My Location
UK
Also, would I be correct in thinking I could get the other sky digital channels such as bravo, living etc on a smaller dish ie 90cm/1m If I gave up the idea of trying to get BBC/ITV etc?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
My Location
UK
Seen it mate but according to the footprint I need a 2m dish if u go by the unofficial footprint. Read some posts on here where one guy in budapest can get it but another can't so I'm a bit lost as to what size dish i need

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With extreme fringe reception, local knowledge is best. You need to ask around local installers and folks with big dishes

Our suggestions are basically educated guesswork.