SKY EPG Helsinki

superman617

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, SONY 40 inch HD, 1.5M dish, Invacom C120 quad, CM feedhorn, Promax TV explorer
My Location
mallorca
Hello Chaps,

Could somebody provide me with a EPG frequency for SKY for a client in Helsinki (finland)

They are out of the footprint for 11.778 V and 12.188 H which I usually use!!

Cheers,

Clark

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Looking at the footprint, Helsinki (finland) should be within the 2A North beam reception zone and you should get a lock on the default transponder.

If your unable to receive this freq, then I'd say an alignment issue or dish size.

Jmal555

NFL dude
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD, TM-3500 D+ USB PVR, CD Total (FI)
My Location
Surrey
From what I read, the minimum dish size for Helsinki area is 1.3m, but that still might leave some BBC and ITV channels out of range, so 1.5m is recommended by the reports.

superman617

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, SONY 40 inch HD, 1.5M dish, Invacom C120 quad, CM feedhorn, Promax TV explorer
My Location
mallorca
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the quick responses much appreciated.

The antenna is pointed correctly as we peaked the antenna up with the fixed beam from astra 2.

We got the problem solved in the end by entering 12.148 H for the default EPG, worked like a charm.

This antenna is 1.2 and cannot receive the 2d beam at all.

Cheers :)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
satelliteman said:
Looking at the footprint, Helsinki (finland) should be within the 2A North beam reception zone and you should get a lock on the default transponder.

I just noticed this thread. The default EPG box settings (11.778 V) is indeed on the north beam which is receivable on a standard zone 1 45cm Sky dish in Helsinki!! (I've done it) Not sure why the OP couldn't get it. It's the south beams (like 12.188 H) and Eurobird that need the bigger dish (ideally 1.3m+) and 2D that needs a huge dish (probably 2.4m+).