Sky/Freeview Distribution

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Ahh a think I get it,cause the rf2 is sending a analogue signal it won't pass threw my combiner because it would only accept a signal ie:direct from a lmb on the dish??is this correct,so basically I just need to run another cable(which I should have just done :p)

pete Mackay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
standard sky sat. and box .
My Location
angus
Hello, i am running a tv of sky box, also have near the sky box my digital aerial booster, both when independitly are connected ( one at the time) into my main tv cable, they work perfectly, but trying them via asplitterr/combiner, the Dig.tv is perfect but when i switch back to analog the sat picture is not sharp and magic eye does not work, any info how to rectify this pls? kr, pete.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you be a little clearer with regard to how you have this set up please, as it's confusing.

So you have an aerial amplifier behind the set?
You are trying to send the signal to another set other than the one the Sky digibox is connected to?

A diagram would be great.

pete Mackay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
angus
ok, here goes. one tv in kitchen fed by digi aerial via a 'Remote Link' (A260D) booster in loft.
in lounge tv fed by sat dish&skybox also in loft. I have put the lounge tv on digi aerial, cut from sky dish,
try to link the kitchen tv on both digital and skybox. both these boxes next to eachother in loft.
used a Philex splitter(?) , one side enter digi aerial, next dish input, one out put to tv. it works perfect, except the satellite part is not sharp and the magic eye does not work...hope this helps

pete Mackay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
angus
basically, trying to get the skydish and digi aerial onto one tv together with the philex splitter..!?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I understand what you are trying to achieve, but the layout is still confusing.

Is the Sky digibox in the loft?

If so, then put aerial feed into aerial in on Digibox, then from rf2, link into the ir pass amplifier, job done.

pete Mackay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
angus
thanks for the info, think i am starting to understand.. i have the sky Remote link A260D anti interference box...so i need also an IR PASS AMPLIFIER ? is this correct? kr, pete.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No Pete, the Antiference is an ir pass amp, but I need to know exactly what you have connected and how. Can you not do a diagram?