Sky Gnome (again)

C

Cupart

My Satellite Setup
My Location
What a dissapointment. The sky gnome is not available in the Republic of Ireland quite yet and I thought I'd get my elderly parents one for christmas. I saw on Sky's web-page that it is only available through Sky in the UK and no release date for ROI quite yet. The high-street merchants won't be able to supply them in the near future either.

Does any one know of how to get hold of one of these?

I tried ebay but nothing came up...

Cheers

Zorba

Zorba

My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Cant you get someone in UK to buy it and send it to you?

C

Cupart

My Satellite Setup
My Location
I was thinking of it, but don't you need to be subscriber to SKY in the UK to get one?

Cheers

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No you don't need to subscribe to Sky, they say so in the FAQ. :)

Have you actually tried the phone number to order 08702 407090, they may well post to the South, if not, do you know anyone in the North?

C

Cupart

My Satellite Setup
My Location
So finally, I got one of my friends in London to give S*Y a call so he could order a S*Y Gnome for me. The S*Y people started asking weird questions and told my friend that a S*Y subscription was necessary before anyone could order one. He was also told that if he didn't have a subscription, he wouldn't be able to use the Gnome but they were more than happy to sell him one!!!

So, if you want to get anyone a Gnome for Christmas and you don't have a subscription, forget it.

Thanks S*y and merry Christmas to you too!!!

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you phone Sky, you need to tell them what they say on their website, see capture below.

Attachments