Sky HD and a Dragon CAM

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Does ProgDVB or DVBViewer not support the use of different h264 filters, so as ones with hardware acceleration?

PJ

Ice coffee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC TT S3200
My Location
Hertfordshire
PJ02 said:
Does ProgDVB or DVBViewer not support the use of different h264 filters, so as ones with hardware acceleration?

PJ
Prog DVB crashes on H.264 so is out for me !!

Both DVB viewer and ALTDVB support whatever H.264 codec you have loaded but as an ATI owner Core AVC is by far the best for me !!! cybelink is waaaayyyy behind

pattaya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD,
32" Samsung LCD HDTV,
XP 4200 Dual Core, 4GB Memory, 1.5TB SATA300, some in raid some not.
ATI 256MB X1950pro, Vista Ultimate. TTs3200 + Budget CI and Starkey!
My Location
Manchester, UK
i will have a TTs3200, a CI card, starkey and a dragon cam next week if someone doenst mind helping me out!? :)

Ice coffee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC TT S3200
My Location
Hertfordshire
I tried to reply to your mail but your blocking return PM's !!!

You need a dragon cam, even one of the older cheaper ones works fine, (anything running predator 3.54 and up will be fine). it worked quite well includinr recordings with DVB viewer, but im just about to get into the vistaTV software, info is thin on the ground at the mo but it seems an excellent way to integrate my DVB s3200 and dragon cam into vista MCE.

PS you will need a HD subbed card

pattaya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD,
32" Samsung LCD HDTV,
My Location
Manchester, UK
hi thx for gthe reply, hmm didnt know it was blocking pms
i got the s3200 this wweek along with the CI expansion, i'm pretty sure i ordered vistatv with it also but it never came, missing that cable that connects the CI to the tv card. from dvbshop

i'm trying to use vista64 mce aswell but i dual booted with XP to see which is better for it.

i have Sky HD aswell full package, so the subbed HD card isnt a problem.

i will need to order one of these dragon cams but i was reading some other stuff and some recommend the T-Rex or a Diablo, got me confused somewhat heh

pattaya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD,
32" Samsung LCD HDTV,
My Location
Manchester, UK
i got the card setup using TT-Media Centre, all the FTA stuff working SD and HD. now i have a CI card that came with the tt-s3200 but it didnt come with the cable to conenct them both together, is it just a standard ide cable or a special cable?

now i heard some more that i dont need a cam and can use software cams or something?

i couldnt get anything going with dvb viewer not sure why, gonan have another mess around with it.

but the tt-media centre works fine and records ok aswell to a ts file. just need to get my hd subs working on it now :)

J666RST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600,
Asus P5W DH Deluxe,
2048 MB RAM (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM),
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (512 MB),
TT-budget S2-3200,
T-Rex Super 4.6
My Location
LONDON
pattaya said:
i got the card setup using TT-Media Centre, all the FTA stuff working SD and HD. now i have a CI card that came with the tt-s3200 but it didnt come with the cable to conenct them both together, is it just a standard ide cable or a special cable?

now i heard some more that i dont need a cam and can use software cams or something?

i couldnt get anything going with dvb viewer not sure why, gonan have another mess around with it.

but the tt-media centre works fine and records ok aswell to a ts file. just need to get my hd subs working on it now :)
I just got a S2-3200 with a T-Rex CAM last week and have just set it up to receive s*y. Sure you`ll need a CAM if you want to watch s*y as you have to put the s*y card in the CAM to watch s*y on your pc, although im no expert on this, im sure someone here will confirm that. You`ll also need a cas interface to load the firmware into the CAM. Ive only just got into this as well, you`ll need to do a bit of reading up but its fairly easy to do once you know what your doing!

cheers,

Lee

wxo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing that works
My Location
UK
Well there are a lot of things that flat dont work with Vista 64. One of them being media center integration. I settled on DVB viewer which is an excellent product even with the $20 pricetag. I also have a TT 3200 with CAM and CI. No issues with DVBviewer which is more than I can say with some other products. It works nicely with the MCE remote and reciever even in Vista 64 with the appropriate plugin available during install. The remote that came with the 3200 won't work with vista 64 as of yet :(

I am planning a move to Sky with the same setup so any info on the CAM that you wind up with would be helpful.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Can someone please point me in the direction of a "how to" for getting my sly card to work in the dragon is it the sly seriel number I enter or a code on the sly box?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
For the basic package, and FTV channels, you do not need to do anything, apart from insert your subscription card chip facing upwards, and tune in the channels on your receiver.
For the premium channels you need to enter the serial number of the original s*y box the card is paired to.
You also require loading a predator file containing the S*y CAID, which most do.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
so just for ch4 ch5 sly3 5life & 5us it doesn't need it?

Seany463

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechnoTrend S2-3200 & Budget CI, T-Rex Dragon CAM 4.1, Sky Sports plus Entertainment package.
My Location
Scotland
mrminibus said:
so just for ch4 ch5 sly3 5life & 5us it doesn't need it?

It shouldnt need it for that, my CAM didnt even need the serial of the box for S*y One. Premium channels are things like, sports, movies & adult... etc, I believe ;)

xxxomxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
My Location
Switzerland
Leee said:
A Sky card can work in a Dragon CAM, yes.
The question is - keep-alives....IMO they don't work. So after x weeks, the card dies and has to go back into *something* to bring it back to live - that something is a Sky box or a Dreambox running newcamd emu.

how does the activation with a dreambox work? Can anyone confirm that i can activate a s*y hd card via dreambox?

MichelLeipzig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S
Looking to buy a CAM
My Location
Germany
xxxomxxx said:
how does the activation with a dreambox work? Can anyone confirm that i can activate a s*y hd card via dreambox?

I would be interested in this info as well. Can anyone speak of the relative merits of the DragonCAM vs any other like T-Rex? Are they essentially comparable?