My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Hi guys!
sorry this questions might asked before :-ohmy

I got a subscription for SKY+HD but i don't like its Sat receiver, it's so poor. now I'd like to get those channels on my own HD sat receiver.
I've been told to get a dragon cam to use with my sky viewing card, but there is two questions for me before getting a Dragon cam.

1.is a Dragon cam able to open HD channels on my HD STB???

2.to be able to get the sky channels is the version of the cam important too??if so what version I need to get ??

I have got a CAS+ programer as well if its help!
thanks..

laticsmon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
wigan
dragon wont do hd also dragon wont do new white card:mad:

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
laticsmon said:

oh!
what about T-rex cam ???

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Hi guys!
I've been told that I'll be able to get sky HD with a T-rex or Dragon cam on my own HD STB,(Humax iCord HD).
please :-worship :-worship help me to do that,( I know I need to put back the viewing card to the sky box to keep it alive.)

I've sent this message here 4 days ago here but only thing I've got is that :
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/conax-cryptoworks-nagravision-nds-others/150162-sky-hd-dragon-cam.html
now I need to know which card I've got! the new one or the old one!!

this is a photo of my card:

skyf.jpg

skyb.jpg

do you know which one is this ???
if its the old one, can I get SKY HD channels with a T-rex or Dragon cam
on my own Humax iCord HD ??
and if its the new one what cam should I get for that??
please help me, I really hate that SKY+HD BOX this is the poor STB I ever seen, it's got noting !!!how do you guys can work with that box??
it even takes a long time for me to find channels ,stupid box...

Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Your card is the old yellow house card but I am not aware of any combination of cams and software that will allow you to watch sky HD channels on your Humax, but I may be wrong.
What exactly is the problem with your sky HD box?

I have merged the two threads so that everyone has all the information you have given in front of them instead of half a story in each

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Topper said:
Your card is the old yellow house card but I am not aware of any combination of cams and software that will allow you to watch sky HD channels on your Humax, but I may be wrong.
What exactly is the problem with your sky HD box?

I have merged the two threads so that everyone has all the information you have given in front of them instead of half a story in each

thanks for the reply!
well it's better to ask what is not my problem :)it's all problem !! if you work with a humax STB then you'll notice that sky boxes puff.
for example: in the almost STB when you made a FAV list by pressing the FAV button you'll be able to see your listing while you are watching the current channel but on sky well long story 1.Tv guide 2.press blue button to see your listing 3.when you select one channels to see what is playing your list will be disappear to check the other channels you have to do all the story again and again :-HB:-HB
this is only one off the 1000s problem with sky boxes.
another one,when you need to get a back up from recording programs you should be able to do that by the located port like the usb one or SATA one on the back but they are just a decor both disabled by sky!!! it's impassable except opening the box case to get HDD out and ....stupid STB EVER 'O'-red
any why thanks for the reply!
just read somewhere I'll be able to get sky channels with a with diablo cam as well
well i've got one can any one please help me with that ???
what UW should I load on it ? is it really matter if I use the old version like UW129 e.g
how about the setting ???
thanks

useronline

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
Unknown
Can someone please advise me if the new sky card will work with a Diablo CAM???
Thanks

@Masoud_h
UW125 is compatible with old $ky cards; UW 130 onwards is not compatible with the iCord-HD.

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
useronline said:
Can someone please advise me if the new sky card will work with a Diablo CAM???
Thanks

@Masoud_h
UW125 is compatible with old $ky cards; UW 130 onwards is not compatible with the iCord-HD.

thanks for the reply m8,
yes unfortunately UW 130 onwards in not compatible with the iCord-HD'O'-red shame on diablo !
apparently my sky viewing card is the old one because of the yellow house on it, now do you think if I load my diablo cam with UW125 is it going to work with my sky card and my humax ?? if so should i know any special setting for the cam or is it just the normal setting ?? i'm asking that because I just read I have to but my sky box serial number on to cam to make it to work!! ( for Dragon and T-rex ) is this the same for diablo ???
thanks

useronline

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
Unknown
@Masoud_h
What version of DiabloCAM do you have (HW 2.2 or 2.3)???

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
)(-red
useronline said:
@Masoud_h
What version of DiabloCAM do you have (HW 2.2 or 2.3)???

originally it was HW 2.2 but I've upgraded it to 2.3.
last night I've put UW 125 on it but it didn't open any channels ,
I got this message "No smart card matching on this encryption"
here is my setting :
caids file {UK}
auto pmt {on -off} no result
Emu {on-off} no result
fixed CW{on-off} no result

oh and if go the cam menu>smart card info>Embedded slot 1>ATR
the coding system is "unknown"
any idea???
thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BSkyB will be doing their bit to ensure your card doesn't work in anything but the receiver they supply into the UK, regardless of the original open platform requirements for the licence that BSkyB gained for their services to the UK.

Mulitiple firmware and manufacturing defects aside, are you sure you can't get away with using one of the 'poor' HD boxes supplied by their third party distributors ?

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Channel Hopper said:
BSkyB will be doing their bit to ensure your card doesn't work in anything but the receiver they supply into the UK, regardless of the original open platform requirements for the licence that BSkyB gained for their services to the UK.

Mulitiple firmware and manufacturing defects aside, are you sure you can't get away with using one of the 'poor' HD boxes supplied by their third party distributors ?

No way! I hate that sky box, its got nothing'O'-red how can I be happy with that ?? I don't see anything difference between my SKY+HD box and the old one which released 200 years ago !!!!
if I can't fix it with my diablo I'll go to get a T-rex cam, apparently it should be fine with that!

laticsmon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
wigan
i have already told you dragon wont work diablo wont and t rex wont reason they are dvb-s not dvbs-2 so wont workO-zzz

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
laticsmon said:
i have already told you dragon wont work diablo wont and t rex wont reason they are dvb-s not dvbs-2 so wont workO-zzz

thanks m8!
the problem is my diablo wont open any SD channels (on sky ) !!
and there are a few sellers and members how believe t-rex v4.6 should open HD!! have you ever tried your self??

A

Anonymous-A

My T-Rex cam and valid $** card will open SkyHD non-premium channels on my HTPC with DVBViewer as the software. I've tried running the T-Rex in a Technomate TM-6800 Super but the box keeps popping a CAM initialising message. I don't subscribe to any premium channels so can't comment if these work.

A Diablo cam will open paid for SD channels on the Technomate but I have not tested a SkyHD card in it.

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Crusty Burke said:
My T-Rex cam and valid $** card will open SkyHD non-premium channels on my HTPC with DVBViewer as the software. I've tried running the T-Rex in a Technomate TM-6800 Super but the box keeps popping a CAM initialising message. I don't subscribe to any premium channels so can't comment if these work.

A Diablo cam will open paid for SD channels on the Technomate but I have not tested a SkyHD card in it.
thanks m8 that's what i needed to know :)

Plasma2K9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 550CI - Windows Media Centre - Panasonic Vierra Freesat TH46-PZ81B
My Location
Earth
laticsmon said:

The Dragon Cam will do HD I currently have one in my Panasonic Freesat 46" Plasma (TH46-PZ81:cool: with a Blue Card and can happily watch CH4 HD with it. However the hardware revision does matter v2.06 doesn't work in my TV but v4.01 does.

I've tried a White Sky Card and can confirm that doesn't work currenlty. I've also tried adding the CAID of the white card which I believe is 0963 via PredEdit but that still doesn't work!

Plasma

Masoud_h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Plasma2K9 said:
The Dragon Cam will do HD I currently have one in my Panasonic Freesat 46" Plasma (TH46-PZ81:cool: with a Blue Card and can happily watch CH4 HD with it. However the hardware revision does matter v2.06 doesn't work in my TV but v4.01 does.

I've tried a White Sky Card and can confirm that doesn't work currenlty. I've also tried adding the CAID of the white card which I believe is 0963 via PredEdit but that still doesn't work!

Plasma

Thanks m8
and now I can confirm that T-Rex super module 4.6 will do HD as well as dragon.
it works with my humax HD and blue sky card .
has any tried T-Rex 4.6 with white sky card ?

sboyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows Vista Home Premium
FireDTV S/CI
Dragon CAM
Sky Card
My Location
Scotland
I have also found that the new/white Sky card does not work with a Dragon CAM loaded with Predator 3.66 firmware :mad:

Does anyone know why this is? Has the encryption been changed and the Predator firmware can no longer decrypt? Is it no longer NDS?

Any help much appreciated as this will affect many users of FireDTV to view Sky UK...

Thanks,
Steve

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its still NDS but things have been tightened up somewhat to stop folks card sharing and using none sky receivers so easily.

Wait a few weeks and see how things develop - there are still relatively few white cards out in the wild at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.