Sky HD Channels Problem

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am having a peculiar problem with some of my SKY HD Channels. The following HD channels are either freezing or pixelating after about ten seconds or not opening at all. I get the message "No Satellite Signal being received"........All the other HD channels seem to be OK.

Problem Channels are:

Luxe TV
Premier
Screen2
Family
MGM..

Can anyone help before I ring sky

Many thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Is it a Thomson Box, by any chance?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm not a Soothsayer or Psychic, honest!

It's just that these boxes are prone to early degradation and failure due to poor quality Power Supply Unit (PSU) Smoothing Capacitors.

A quick Google/Forum Search etc will give you all the info you need: Repairable at cost, or a DiY proposition for many.

If it's less than 12 months old, Sky ought to swop it out - but beware of getting a"refurbished" replacement. Or do you have a Domestic & General Warranty?

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Unfortunately it is out of warranty.....about 15 or 16 months old........the funny thing is that all the other channels HD and SD are perfect..........

jimmy

Tivù said:
I'm not a Soothsayer or Psychic, honest!

It's just that these boxes are prone to early degradation and failure due to poor quality Power Supply Unit (PSU) Smoothing Capacitors.

A quick Google/Forum Search etc will give you all the info you need: Repairable at cost, or a DiY proposition for many.

If it's less than 12 months old, Sky ought to swop it out - but beware of getting a"refurbished" replacement. Or do you have a Domestic & General Warranty?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well wait a little while to see if anyone else has any bright ideas.

Have you read up on the (potential) problem at all?