ProExpat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + HD but moving to Dubai!!
My Location
London
:confused

Hello Forum,

I am a newbie here and am hoping that someone may be able to help. I am moving to Dubai from London. I really really enjoy my Sky + HD!! Is there anything equivalent I can get rigged up in Dubai? I am not very technical and will need a full system set up for me. Should I take my Sky+ HD box with me? Will it be of any use? (I have paid for it so don't have to return it to Sky). Any advice on how to get good English language programming would be much appreciated. I don't mind paying for subscriptions etc.

Thanks in advance!:)

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
first to be abel to receive sky in dubai ,still with no garanty 100% you need a monster dish (8 to 12metres)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
$ky in Dubai .. that could be difficult ... especially Freesat channels on 2d... big dish at least....

Checkout Showtime or others on Nilesat for English/Arabic entertainment ... or 26 east stuff... not much HD yet though.. but some quite good SD quality - can't stand some of the HD myself, I've been involved in the studio production side and all I do is see all the digital flaws at the low bit rate they accepted for HD and that dynamic sharing.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No point taking the Sky box to Dubai - it will be useless there. Sell it before you go. Arabsat Nilesat are your best bets or the Nova package on 13E may be just possible.