Sky + HD or equivalent in Dubai??

ProExpat

Member
My Satellite Setup
Sky + HD but moving to Dubai!!
My Location
London
:confused:

Hello Forum,

I am a newbie here and am hoping that someone may be able to help. I am moving to Dubai from London. I really really enjoy my Sky + HD!! Is there anything equivalent I can get rigged up in Dubai? I am not very technical and will need a full system set up for me. Should I take my Sky+ HD box with me? Will it be of any use? (I have paid for it so don't have to return it to Sky). Any advice on how to get good English language programming would be much appreciated. I don't mind paying for subscriptions etc.

Thanks in advance!:)
 
first to be abel to receive sky in dubai ,still with no garanty 100% you need a monster dish (8 to 12metres)
 
$ky in Dubai .. that could be difficult ... especially Freesat channels on 2d... big dish at least....

Checkout Showtime or others on Nilesat for English/Arabic entertainment ... or 26 east stuff... not much HD yet though.. but some quite good SD quality - can't stand some of the HD myself, I've been involved in the studio production side and all I do is see all the digital flaws at the low bit rate they accepted for HD and that dynamic sharing.
 
No point taking the Sky box to Dubai - it will be useless there. Sell it before you go. Arabsat Nilesat are your best bets or the Nova package on 13E may be just possible.
 
Back
Top