My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD in main lounge
quad lnb
second fta sky box in 2nd lounge
distribution system to other rooms
My Location
kent
Hi
at the moment i have a my sky + hd setup in my upstairs lounge with two cables feeding from my quad lnb into both inputs on the sky + hd box .
I wish to move my sky + hd box downstairs as i have rearranged my house and i mainly use the downstairs room as my main lounge.
my problem is i only have one cable running from my quad lnb into the downstairs room. Would i still be able to use my box downstairs with the cable inputting into only one input. i do realise that i wouldn't be able to record two channels at one time or record one channel while watching another.
Or would i be able to use a satellite splitter to split the signal from the cable into two and therefore feed the signal into both inputs
thanks for any advice

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You can't use a splitter, no.

You can run it on one feed though.

Better still, run another cable from the quad.

paulmason1970

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD in main lounge
quad lnb
second fta sky box in 2nd lounge
distribution system to other rooms
My Location
kent
thanks for the info
unfortunately may be difficult to run another cable as the dish is at top of 3 storey house and have now built conservatory on the back were dish is so access is severly restricted to the dish.should've moved dish before building conservatory:mad: