Sky HD

gedg8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have just moved to an apatment with a large communal dish-the apartment has 2 old Videocrpt boxes with out a card-if I buy a black box and bring my Sk HD card to Javea is it possible the Satellite dish will beable to provide a sufficient signal
My Location
Javea
I have reecently bought an apatment in Javea- there is a community dish which I think is 2.4 metres and in the apartment with the TV are 2 old Videocrypt boxes.
I am unable to contact the last owner bt the Agent who sold the flat tells me the dish is owned by a cable comp who really I want nothing to do with.I am unable to instal a 2.4 m dish which I am told I need for Sky HD.
the Cable company tell me the flat has never been attached to there system so the question I have is are the Video-crypt boxes indicative that the flat is connected to the dish and has been receiving satelitte signals and would it be woth buying a "Black Box" to use my Sky HD card.
I realise there is incomplete information but feel the cable company who use a microwave system are unlikey to have such a large dish and that the Videocrypt boxes indicate a satellite connection

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Videocrypt is a long dead encryption for satellite purposes, died when Sky analogue was shut down, would perhaps indicate that the property was once connected to the system, but would not work for Sky Digital.

There is no guarantee that the property is still connected, as the cable company will have control of who is connected at the head end.

gedg8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have just moved to an apatment with a large communal dish-the apartment has 2 old Videocrpt boxes with out a card-if I buy a black box and bring my Sk HD card to Javea is it possible the Satellite dish will beable to provide a sufficient signal
My Location
Javea

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Videocrypt boxes indicate that the dish is probably pointing to the Astra 1 satellites located at 19E. Sky transmits off the Astra 2 cluster further round the orbital arc at 28E.