Sky in 5 rooms - the best way is?

makuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just sky+ in 2 rooms at the moment
My Location
UK
Hi, I currently have a sky dish with a quad LNB, this is currently connected to 2x sky+ boxes, thus taking up all the 4 cables.

I would like to have sky in 3 additional rooms, not sky+ just sky, I know that I could buy an 8way LNB and then order multi room from sky but that is going to cost me a fortune as I am already paying for 2x sky+ systems.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this, I only really need sky+ in one room so my ideal setup would be:

1x sky+
4x sky

Thanks for your help.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites,

That's still 6 outputs required. An Octo LNb will be the cheapest option OR a second dish with Quad :)

lasbrisas17

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 with motorised 1.2M dish
My Location
Surrey UK
makuk said:
Hi, I currently have a sky dish with a quad LNB, this is currently connected to 2x sky+ boxes, thus taking up all the 4 cables.

I would like to have sky in 3 additional rooms, not sky+ just sky, I know that I could buy an 8way LNB and then order multi room from sky but that is going to cost me a fortune as I am already paying for 2x sky+ systems.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this, I only really need sky+ in one room so my ideal setup would be:

1x sky+
4x sky

Thanks for your help.

Do you need to be able to have different channels in each room. If not you could send the signal via RF to a loftbox and distribute from there.