Sky in a touring caravan

sonny1120

Reaction score
I am a sky digital subscriber and i want to watch sky in my caravan as we can't go out in the evenings due to dogs not being allowed at most places. I have brought a second hand digibox and new dish to use and would like to use my viewing card i use at home. The card works for all the channels except the movie channels. I get a message saying its not the correct card for this box. I do subscribe to these channels so i was wondering how i could view these channels on this box without affecting my box at home.

Any advice would be appreichated

Sonya

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can't I'm afraid Sonya, the card can only be married to one box at a time.

sonny1120

Reaction score
you say it can only be married to one box at a time could it be transferred while im away on hols then back to my original one at home when i'm back?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it could, you could tell them that your main box has broken and you want to use a loan box, not sure how many times they'd do it though.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
My parents used to do the ‘my digibox is away for repair so can I use my card in this one’ story two or three times a year going between Spain and the UK without any awkward questions.

Then they cancelled films/sports and BBC went FTA, I don’t think they see ITV2 as worth the phone calls so no longer bother remarring the card, so unless Sky have tightened up recently you should be OK using it infrequently.