Sky in Gibraltar/Spain

Larry109uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus kit in the UK
My Location
Stevenage
Hi Everyone,

Can some one advise a newbe what to do. I'm moving to Gibraltar, but will probably live in southern Spain when I get settled, but want to take my sky dish with me.

What Dish is best to buy etc, and what would I expect to get?

Will I get everything I can get now?

Thanks a lot.

Larry

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Warm welcome to satellites forum,

For Sl<y reception in that region you'll catch the South beam Ok but I would say for the UK Spot beam ( BBC, Ch4 and ITV) a 2M+ dish would be required.

SM

Larry109uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus kit in the UK
My Location
Stevenage
satelliteman said:
Warm welcome to satellites forum,

For Sl<y reception in that region you'll catch the South beam Ok but I would say for the UK Spot beam ( BBC, Ch4 and ITV) a 2M+ dish would be required.

SM

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Sorry to be thick do you mean a 2 meter dish! wow that’s big. I though one of the smaller ones would do.

Do you recommend any in particular? Obviously I need a duel LNB at min.

Thanks again.

dublindanny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7000
My Location
arklow co.wicklow r.o.i.
there are plety of sattellite dealers in and around gib/southern spain,personally i get the addresses off the dishes or try any english pubs for innfo.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
In Gibraltar area you will need a 1.2m dish. You may find these described as 1.3m, this is measured vertically (wrongly)
Best quality dishes are Gibertini, (available from _www.engel.es) Prodelin or ChannelMaster.
You may struggle to find these dishes on the Costa del Sol as most shops and installers go for rock bottom quality.