SKY ITALIA HD BOX to UK

simonofischia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyItalia-MY SKY HD...several mac minis.
My Location
ischia, italy
I am taking my Sky Italia HD box (no telephone connection required) to the UK next month and i want to know what i will need to get my system up and running. Do i need a twin lNB (which i currently have) or can i use a single LNB if i do not wish to record. I simply want to watch football. I will probably purchase a 60/80 cm dish if that is what is required. Any comments on this i would be most grateful.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hotbird is easy to receive on a Sky UK minidish in most of the UK. The dish together with a quad LNB is pretty inexpensive to buy and relatively easy to install. That is all you need, plus a length of twin satellite cable.

simonofischia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ischia, italy
Hi Robbo
Thanks for the info. You mention a quad LNB..why a quad and not a dual or single-excuse my stupidity. With my existing set up, would i need to plug both cables into the sky box or could i get away with one if i am 'just' watching and not recording.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Sky quads are the most common and you pay the same as you do a single, so there is little point in going for a single. If you want it dirt cheap go to fleabay. Secondly, if the box works better with two feeds why not provide for them both, seems again a bit pointless not doing so.

I expect it would work with one feed, Sky UK boxes do, if forced to.

I mentioned quad because Sky dishes dont have twin LNBs for them, its either single or quad. If using another type of dish, say a 60cm Triax (or whatever), then twin LNBs are available for not much more cost than a single.

simonofischia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ischia, italy
Thanks Robbo
very clear answer. many Thanks.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
sky italia will work no problem.
you can run 2 lines if you want to record one channel while watching another.
or you can use a scr lnb and run one line and split it in the house and do the same
sky italia supports scr lnb but it is not automatic.you must reconfigure the box to do so.
scr lnb puts all the sky italia frequencies on one polarization so it can work like that.
but the lnb is expensive.
so it would be cheeper to run 2 lines and a dual lnb.
ralph

A nonymous

Reaction score
Just incase anybody asks you can find out what SCR is by looking here

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_cable_distribution

Nano