Sky italia hd package?

Mohamed83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
London
Hi guys,

I live in London and I am planning on getting SKY Italia HD package as I have relatives living in Italy who will activate the card and send the box over to me. Just a few questions.

1. How good is the picture quality on sky Italia HD? Is it comparable to the picture quality of sky HD in the UK? I am talking about football and movies in particular.
2. Do the 3pm Premier League games have English commentary?
3. Channels that show U.S shows like Fox, will it have Italian subtitles? And generally speaking, do most of the Channels have Italian subtitles? If yes is there an option to remove it? I don't speak Italian so I hope as many of the channels on Sky Italia as possible are English-speaking channels?

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello, she sky italia hd should be as good picture wise as sky uk.
games will have italian comentary as far as i know
other channels like sky uno( sky one) will have default in italian. you can watch american shows in english .
when you change channels it will default to italian and you will have to switch it englisa everytime you change channels.
most of the programs on sky uno are 3 months behing the uk.
this is due to the fact that they have to dub over the italian audio and the uk version its in english and no dubing required.
thats why terra nova is a few days behind the usa and sky italia has not shown it as of yet.

movies may be 3 weeks behind the uk and all american movies are in english as well as italian. you can switch over to english and when you channel hopp to another channel it will default to italian
ralph

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
a lot of the tv fox etc are in English by pressing audio . Most football is in italian ie 3pm games.but I'm very pleased with it and hd is as good as uk .

Mohamed83

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
London
Thanks for the feedback guys.

What are the movie channels like? Are they far behind SKY UK in terms of release dates?

And the documentary channels such as Nat Geo and Discover Channel have no Italian subtitles right?

And I am guessing Formula 1 is Italian commentary only?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Mohamed83 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

What are the movie channels like? Are they far behind SKY UK in terms of release dates?

And the documentary channels such as Nat Geo and Discover Channel have no Italian subtitles right?

And I am guessing Formula 1 is Italian commentary only?

i only have the mondo, documentari and calcio channels but from what i have seen there is no italian subtitles on discovery etc and alot of the channels its more dubbed audio but you can select the prefered audio option in the menu or by changing the option within the program information.

i've posted up the channels with original audio but its the usual fox, discovery etc.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
most of the programs like simpsons,bones,etc and behing by several months due to dubbing time.
there is no subtitles,you can activate italian subtitles if you want to in italian.
movies are not that much behind i have seen them show some movies the same month and i have seen some movies a month later.
once you make a contract sith sky italia you are stuck for one year.
if yiu want to cancell you must send a letter in italian 2 months before the year is up.
i have seen americans turn in the equipment, went back to the states and sky was still taking money from their account.
they had to cancell the credit card.
ralph