Advice Needed Sky Italia - won't work on IRS system

Laurence cousins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Italian - on a irs system. 28 and 13
My Location
North London
Hi - please can anyone help - - I have had sky Italia for some time now on a single dish. This has been removed and a irs system set up on my flat - it is said to have 28 and 13 - installer said that 28 is main sat and 13 is the second one ??? How do I set the box. Sky Italia box to get the 13 second sat signal - ???? Please if anyone could advise. Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Laurence, welcome to the forum

You need to have a poke around in the menu system of the Italia box and see if you can find an option for input selection. Effectively your system is set up like this via an electronic switch (poosibly called Diseqc switching)

Input A Sky UK

Input B Sky Italia

Therefore you need to set the Sky Italia box to look for input B

It may or may not be possible - the SI box I had a few years ago did have switching options in the menu but things could have changed in the intervening years.

Laurence cousins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
Hi Laurence, welcome to the forum

You need to have a poke around in the menu system of the Italia box and see if you can find an option for input selection. Effectively your system is set up like this via an electronic switch (poosibly called Diseqc switching)

Input A Sky UK

Input B Sky Italia

Therefore you need to set the Sky Italia box to look for input B

It may or may not be possible - the SI box I had a few years ago did have switching options in the menu but things could have changed in the intervening years.

Laurence cousins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
Ok. I do sort of understand. - installers hidden menue is. 0-1select on sky box uk. I will have a play around - If all fails I simply put dish back up - but I can't be only one with sky Italia on irs system and I would think there must be a way to set up. Diseq A And B. Fingers crossed :-)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes I think thats how it was accessed on my old Italia box, although its going back a few years now.

Laurence cousins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
Ok just got it. - spoke to another chap. It will work on an Irs system but only if 13 is A and 28 is B. So you r spot on the new box does not have diseq in it. Lol - so my easy fix is get the 13 dish refitted. It is well easy. Just glad I kept it. May I say thank you very much mate

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No problem. You know where we are if you have any more questions :)

Most other receivers would be fine as the switching is easy to set up. Its just that the locked down Sky receivers dont allow anything apart from a simple setup.

As I no longer have my old Italia box I cant have a look around the menus to see where the relevant options were.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You may find if you stick the dish back up that the company that installed the IRS system will remove it as it will be in their contract to remove all the other dishes on the building. I am talking from experience after installing well over a 150 IRS systems in Camden, Hackney, Westminster & Kensington and Chelsea.

If your in an Octavia or Sanctuary owned building you may have a bit of fun stopping them from removing it. I had quite a few arguments with tenants when i had to remove their old dishes, even though they were given plenty of warning that it was going to happen by their landlord.

Laurence cousins

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North London
You may find if you stick the dish back up that the company that installed the IRS system will remove it as it will be in their contract to remove all the other dishes on the building. I am talking from experience after installing well over a 150 IRS systems in Camden, Hackney, Westminster & Kensington and Chelsea.

If your in an Octavia or Sanctuary owned building you may have a bit of fun stopping them from removing it. I had quite a few arguments with tenants when i had to remove their old dishes, even though they were given plenty of warning that it was going to happen by their landlord.

Thanks for tip - I also fit irs myself for Scci for ten years but now Wiv Aeial force myself. Just never had issue Wiv sky Italia until today. it's a private irs system so won't have issue Wiv reinstall. Many thanks mate for help
Crazzy just didn't see I would have issue but understand why now thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

A nonymous

Reaction score
Small world, i worked with a few guys that came from SCCI when i was in London. I used to work for SSCI's main competitor until the area manager got on my tits that once too often :D

I just do the aerial stuff as and when it arises now. I found it much better to have a more sociable job where i dont have to keep going to different parts of the country every week. I just do 9 til 4 now about 3 miles from my home. Its perfect for me :D

I've not got many pics of the stuff i installed, but this was a headend i did that if i remember rightly was feeding a 180 property system with 4 repeaters. Only issue i had was to squeeze a headend designed for a size 1 cabinet into a size 2 cabinet because the dozy twonks that installed the cabling and cabs put the wrong one up and it had to be up and running that day for the 2010 world cup.

headend-jpg.89975

As for your problem, you could use a DISEqC inserter to send the DISEqC command to switch to A/B.

Something like this

Code:
https://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-products-services/a2a211a0278911e395ac005056822520.html

I believe that EMP and Emitor also make these devices.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I was going to suggest a DISEqC inserter but you beat me to it.

We have that 32 way Vision switch in our current house, installed by the previous owner. Bit of an overkill if you ask me, since only 3 Sky boxes and a few Freeview TVs are connected to it...