My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 8000
500 GB Samsung HDD
Sony DVD
My Location
Dubai, U.A.E.
Hello,
I have a new sky italy card.
Looking for an official HD receiver with a Hard disk.
Can someone point me to a seller please? :confused

Thanks

Replay 2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 8000
500 GB Samsung HDD
Sony DVD
My Location
Dubai, U.A.E.
Heeeelp please..:confused

When I bought the card last month, I asked the seller to activate it, so I can use it on my dreambox. No problems untill Sky it changed the decryption.)(-red

So I searched for an official sky decoder to view it.
While searching for a "Mysky decoder" to view the card on it.. I found a used one on ebay.it, but the seller said that " it is not possible to use my card with this box"! and the box will only accept a new card ..:eek:

Is this true?

When "activating" a card does it register it with that box and it will work with another box?

So what can I do with my card? :confused Do I need a new box only?

hibees04

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600pvr
Andrews 1.2m Dish
12 inch Actuator
V-Box
50 Inch Sony Lcd TV
My Location
Scotland
im not 100% but i think it will be similar to sky uk

the box and card are paired together meaning if you put your card in someone elses reciever then you will get all channels except premiums(sky sports,movie channels)

id contact the seller if i was you and tell him u need a box

A nonymous

Reaction score
Are you sure the card is actually paired to a box?

I cannot see how the seller can activate the card in his own box and then send it to you knowing that it will only be read in his box.

My guess is that it may be like the Sky UK cards which were sent out active but not actually paired to any receiver :D

Either way if the card is paired to a receiver you don't have, even if the seller sends you a new box or not you will still need to get it paired if it has already been paired with another box when activated :mad:

I would just get a second hand box and try it. If it doesn't work get the seller to ask Sky Italia to pair the card to the box :toke:

cs91044

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Channel Master macthed feed horn with c120 quad invacom 54 west to 45 east ; 1m Triax Multi LNB 13-16-19-28 - Technomate 5000DAPCI
My Location
North West
Dont know if this helps but...

I got a subs and they sent me a non didgibox receiver with my card it worked until a few weeks ago whe s k y italia changed their crypt algo

The shop then sent me a digi box where it works fine I did not have to pair the card it worked instantly

Replay 2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 8000
500 GB Samsung HDD
Sony DVD
My Location
Dubai, U.A.E.
Thank you all for the input and help.:-righton

As someone here on the board has explained it to me.. :-bash
The MySky decoder is paired to a card to take advantage of the recording to HDD. if the card is not paired, the decoder will work but it will not record. So the guy who is selling his box on ebay is basicaly saying that the box is/was paired with his card, anyone who buys it should call sky it to pair his card to the box..I guess.:-per
I requested my seller if he can call SKY it to pair my card to the box. waiting for his answer. :-respekt

Replay 2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 8000
500 GB Samsung HDD
Sony DVD
My Location
Dubai, U.A.E.
Gota brand new decoder today. MySky Amstrad drx780 i with 250 GB HDD. bought it from ebay.it

Connected all cables , inserted the card, turned the power on..but it will just make a little noise (HDD spining) ..a tiny red light indicator at the front and the box will remain in standby mode. it will not boot.

On the hdmi output there is a small message at the top of the tv screen (DRX780i PTS 1.8) , the rest of the screen is black.

Disconnected all cables , removed the card..powered it up..still nothing beyond stand by red light )(-red.
Anyone experienced this?