Sky line HDSR 400

Mickash01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish + philex HDSR 40o
My Location
Newcastle
hi,

Just trying to establish weather I can get the likes of bbc HD itv HD etc on this box.

When's choosing the satellite, I go for Astra 2abd euro 1

From a list of satellite channels of found on a web page, it's says bbc HD ins Astra E/F???

I can't find this on my receiver box.

Or pick up the HD channels, the ad channels are there when j auto scan.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 8

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

Mickash01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
I suspect your problem is nothing more than the receiver database is probably out of date. Its an HD receiver so you shouldnt have any problems getting the HD channels

http://www.philex.com/assets/downloads/products/28260R_28261R_IM_1_3nonpaySlx.pdf

Dont worry about the actual satellite names - there have been changes recently but many of the frequencies have stayed the same.. Current frequencies & parameters can be found here:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

That's great,

Next question is how to update the data base? Is it something that can be done over the air? It does it require a USB stick to update?

Thanks for your help....

Mickash01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
I suspect your problem is nothing more than the receiver database is probably out of date. Its an HD receiver so you shouldnt have any problems getting the HD channels

http://www.philex.com/assets/downloads/products/28260R_28261R_IM_1_3nonpaySlx.pdf

Dont worry about the actual satellite names - there have been changes recently but many of the frequencies have stayed the same.. Current frequencies & parameters can be found here:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

I managed to get it sorted, there was an option in manual mode to enter the frequencies which weren't already on the receiver....

One more question.

It doesn't seem to be getting a program schedule list.
When I press info, it lets me know the current and next program. But when I press EPG, it just shows the name of the channel but nothing in the schedule box.

When I first started to tune it all in I was receiving German channels, they did have and schedule so I know it's availible. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
What you are seeing is indeed what one would expect. Generic DVB compliant receivers have the capability to present up to 14 days (IIRC) EPG data - but the issue is that most Broadcasters send either nothing at all, Now and Next (As per most 28E Channels) or 7 days (German Channels, predominantly).

This isn't a shortcoming of the receiver, per se, but a function of Broadcasters' choices. Any EPG data you do get is sent along with other Network info, not (As with eg Freesat and BSky:cool: as a separate comprehensive Data Stream form a "Default" Transponder.

Some clever boxes can overcome this by making use of plug-ins that obtain the extended Data via the Interweb thingy.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes as Tivu says Now & Next is probably as good as it gets on that receiver. Both Sky & Freesat use proprietery formats for their epgs & only send N&N as an addition.

Mickash01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
What you are seeing is indeed what one would expect. Generic DVB compliant receivers have the capability to present up to 14 days (IIRC) EPG data - but the issue is that most Broadcasters send either nothing at all, Now and Next (As per most 28E Channels) or 7 days (German Channels, predominantly).

This isn't a shortcoming of the receiver, per se, but a function of Broadcasters' choices. Any EPG data you do get is sent along with other Network info, not (As with eg Freesat and BSky:cool: as a separate comprehensive Data Stream form a "Default" Transponder.

Some clever boxes can overcome this by making use of plug-ins that obtain the extended Data via the Interweb thingy.

Yes as Tivu says Now & Next is probably as good as it gets on that receiver. Both Sky & Freesat use proprietery formats for their epgs & only send N&N as an addition.

Being a new lad to this satellite business, it's good to know that swift and quality answers have been achieved on this forum....

Big thanks to both of you for your help!!!

All the best

Mike!!