Sky Mix Starts

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
There we go rolfw, return of prodigal avatar, damn Emphysema LOL.
Changed the old computer and been learning a little more about other encryption systems, a little too old to learn much, but it is keeping the old grey cells active. Seen too many brain dead peeps around and that's not for me;) ;)
Allan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's more like it Allan, it also looks a bit like me after a few rapid trips up and down the ladder, apart from the glasses and him having far too much hair. :)

H

haveagoade

Hi rolfw,
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about liking sky so much? I never said what you think, that is all people who watch sky and like it must be idiots.
All I said was that commercial television will always strive to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and that ,as a well known social scientist said , in doing so you could never underestimate the intelligence of the public.
You sure you dont work for sky or install stbs for them:D
After 10 years or more sky only have 5 million subscribers, so I still have faith in the intelligence of the British people.
What I would like to see is an increase in the take up of sky for the stb and access to digital television and having sampled it vote with their feet and tell sky to stick the subs .

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Sky1 Mix IS on 2A North after all! :) :)

Won't mean a thing for people in the UK, but it will please those of us who loathe that damned weakling 2B North beam that Sky1 lurks around on.

Can't wait for Sky1 +1hour to launch on 2A south, then we can watch it in thunderstorms!