sky+ problem

kabu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm-1000 d digital receiver
My Location
u.k
have a sky+ box and a while ago all d "+" stopped workin(rec,forward,etc).
rang sky and was told to do a back up to update d software.nothin works!den they told me they wud have to send a technician to sove it but wud cost me £65 as my warranty is out of date.
is der anything i can do apart from dat?
any help!
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into the installers menu and do a full system reset, if that doesn't work, you could try installing a new hard drive, you can either do it youreslf, or send it to someone like www.digirepairs.co.uk they would install a larger drive for you and repair the receiver if necessary.

PS. The T and H appears to be malfunctioning on your keyboard.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
rolfw said:
PS. The T and H appears to be malfunctioning on your keyboard
:-rofl2

yes mate, unfortunatley these things happen on most PVR systems, software usually, and if it is software, then you should be able to do what RolfW says or try unpluggin it for a minute, then plug it in again..

after plugging it back in, you will have to wait while the software reboots... its a bit like waiting for windows to load lol

if that doesnt work then it may not be a software problem, and will most likely be the hard drive :(